Baby Girl's First Pokemon

I know this isn't what you were hoping would be updated but I figured it's better than nothing and I owe you guys something new. Things have been really hard lately but I'm working as hard as I can. Also expect a special Halloween baby girl story soon. Anyway, enjoy. Stay safe, be kind. Love and hugs, Sunset. Enjoy

Sakura is eight years old.

"Well, here we are," Ash smiled as Pikachu beamed. "Welcome to the Pinwheel Forest."

Sakura stood at the entrance, taking in the giant forest with wide eyes and an excited smile.

"Wow, Papa!" she breathed. "It's so big! You and Pikachu travelled through here with Uncle Cilan and Aunty Iris?"

"I did," Ash smiled. "It's also where I caught Leavanny as a Sewaddle."

"So cool!" Sakura shrieked. "I want to catch a Sewaddle too! Come on Pikachu and Umbreon!"

Pikachu and Umbreon shrieked in panic as Sakura started to run off.

"Saki, wait!" Ash called.

"But I want to find a... eek!" Sakura squealed as Gladion quickly ran up behind her and grabbed her hips, lifting her into his arms.

"Daddy put me down!" Sakura demanded.

Gladion hummed thoughtfully before shrugging.

"Okay," Gladion nodded before turning around and walking back to Ash, making Sakura pout.

"I didn't mean next to papa!" she shrieked again, causing Ash and Gladion to laugh.

"She is so your daughter," Gladion grinned as he put Sakura down next to Ash.

"She's yours too," Ash pointed out.

"That's not fair," Sakura pouted. "Daddy has longer legs than I do."

"And thank Arceus he does," Ash nodded as he kneeled in front of Sakura. "Listen Saki, I know you're excited about helping me find new Pokémon for our lessons but you can't run off as you did. Remember how I told you this place is a maze? We don't want to lose you."

"Yes papa," Sakura nodded. "I'm sorry. I'm just really excited!"

"We know Petals," Gladion smiled. "We just want you to be safe."

"I have an idea," Ash smiled as he pulled out a Pokeball. "How about Leavanny walks with us? That way if we need to stray from the path, we can easily find out way back."

"That sounds like a good idea," Gladion nodded as Ash released Leavanny, who smiled brightly at his surroundings and Sakura.

"Leavanny, will you make sure Saki doesn't accidentally wander away?" Ash asked. "And if she does, leave a string trail so we can catch up to her?"

"Leavanny," Leavanny nodded.

"Thank you Leavanny," Gladion smiled. "So Ash, who do we need to find?"

"And when will I get to see my surprise?" Sakura asked eagerly.

"Soon baby girl," Ash smiled as he shifted the backpack on his shoulders. "We have to get to the camping site first and then we have to catch the Pokémon I need for the new term. But I promise you'll know your surprise when we get to the campsite. As for who we need to find, the list is in my bag. Could you help me, babe? Very front pocket."

As Gladion helped Ash with his backpack, Sakura looked around in excitement, wondering what her surprise would be.

"Deer!"

Sakura blinked when she suddenly heard a cry.

"Did you three hear that?" she asked Pikachu, Umbreon and Leavanny. The three nodded as they heard another cry.