Baby Girl's Halloween

Hello everyone, sorry for the late Halloween story. I hope you all like it. Further in the story, you may notice three specific Pokémon. These three are my favourite ghost types and they're so cute that I couldn't pick just one. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. This is set a few months after getting Deerling. Stay safe, be kind. Love Sunset hugs.

P.S I've noticed I've made a few mistakes in some of my other stories so I'm doing some editing to fix it. Just wanted to let you know so I don't lift your hopes up at the notifications.

Love Sunset

Sakura's still eight

"So you see, everyone," Acerola concluded with a smile. "Even though they can be cheeky, ghost type Pokémon can be really sweet once you get to know them."

Acerola and her Pokémon took a bow as the class applauded.

"Thank you, Acerola," Ash smiled. "Everyone, please thank Miss Acerola for her lesson on ghost types."

"Thank you, Miss Acerola," the class chimed.

"And thank you for having me," Acerola smiled as she grabbed a chair. "Please, if anyone has any questions about ghost types, let me know. I'll be happy to answer them. Anyway, I brought a story from my library. Who would like me to read it?"

The eight-year-olds squealed with delight as they moved to sit on the floor in front of Acerola. As everyone made themselves comfortable on the floor, Ash looked over at his daughter's desk to see that Sakura hadn't moved. He frowned before walking closer.

"You doing okay, Saki?" he asked quietly.

"Are you asking as my teacher or my papa?" she asked.

"Bit of both," he answered.

"I'm okay," she admitted. "But I'm still scared to be near Miss Acerola's Pokémon."

"Why?" Ash asked.

"She said that Mimikins sometimes attracts wild ghost types because it's a ghost," she said. "What if they see me and try to take me away?"

Ash sighed. It broke Ash's heart that his daughter was so scared of being near other ghost types, even if it was ones she knew like Acerola's.

"No one will take you away," he whispered. "I won't let them and neither will your father."

"Thank you, papa," Sakura whispered.

"Go sit with your friends and enjoy Miss Acerola's story," he said gently. "I think you'll like it."

Sakura gave a nod before moving to sit next to Cordelia. As Acerola read the story, Ash left the room to gather some permission slips. He sighed.

I wish there was something Gladion or I could do to help convince Saki that no one will take her away, he thought.

***

"And because the little boy was so grateful for the help from Trevenant, Drifblim and Chandelure," Acerola read. "He asked them to stay and live with him and his parents. They all became the best of friends and lived happily ever after. The end."

"Yay!" everyone cheered as Acerola closed the book.

"Read it again, miss Acerola," Cordelia begged. "Please."

"I can't," Acerola said in an apologetic tone. "School's almost finished. Besides, I haven't told me you all my surprise yet."

"Ooh, what is it?" Kaehi asked in an excited tone.