A Hard Day's Night Fun Facts

Good morning, good morning! I'll present some interesting and funny facts you maybe didn't know about my favourite Beatles film - A Hard Day's Night.

1
The whole of the original first day's shooting (the train sequence) was lost because the clapper-loader was mistaken by fans at the station for one of The Beatles. In running away from the screaming fans, he dropped the cans of negative. Poor lad...

2Writer Alun Owen put together the plot of the movie while following The Beatles around on their tour of France before they went to America

2
Writer Alun Owen put together the plot of the movie while following The Beatles around on their tour of France before they went to America. From observing them, he created their "stereotypes": John Lennon is a smart-ass, Paul McCartney is "cute" and sensible, George Harrison is quiet and shy, and Ringo Starr is dim-witted and sad. He also picked up their manners of speech, and their daily routines, with which he created the plot. Despite the comic elements, it really was a "day-in-the-life" look at The Beatles. He did great work in my opinion!

3
Before the movie was released in America, a "United Artists" executive asked director Richard Lester to dub the voices of the group with mid-Atlantic accents. Paul McCartney angrily replied, "Look, if we can understand a fucking cowboy talking Texan, they can understand us talking Liverpool." 😂😂😂 sounds more like John to me.

4
The tire over which Ringo trips in the scene at the river bank had to be thrown again and again, as it kept rolling incorrectly. Finally, after numerous wasted takes, it was offered to young actor David Janson, on hand to play the young boy Ringo meets. Janson rolled the tire correctly on the first try.
Haha, atta boy!

5Screenwriter Alun Owen claimed that the word "grotty" was a word used in Liverpool to mean "grotesque", but The Beatles never heard it before and believed Owen made it up

5
Screenwriter Alun Owen claimed that the word "grotty" was a word used in Liverpool to mean "grotesque", but The Beatles never heard it before and believed Owen made it up. It subsequently passed into general usage and linguists certainly cite The Beatles as the popularizers of the word in the early 1960s and trace its origins to Liverpool.
I use it often in my English lessons!