Chapter three

I was roused by a phone call after falling asleep at past two.

“Morning, my night owl!” my dry voice transited to a moan when I looked at the screen with a pair of bleary eyes,

“Wake up, you ass! Test! Good night”!! She spoke vaguely, in her half sleep and hang up.

I widened my parched lips and pictured how crazy she must be looking now with her woolly frizzy curls, falling all over her face, hiding her delicate eyes.

I prayed for a morning when she would call me while tussling on the bed beside me but instead of waking up, I would sink back on the bed with her.

With this honey dripping thought of sharing a life with her, my body banged itself on bed leaving a trace of a scarlet blush on either side of my face.

Wake up, you ass! Her voice filtered through my ears again. Shit! My drowsy eyes popped open and I proceeded to wrap up my morning jobs rather quickly.

--

I opened the fridge for a left-over which I wanted to have for breakfast as cereal and bread had left my home a week ago.

“Surprise!” my fridge wide smiled at me and I saw the only thing that was decorated was the box of fried bitter gourd.

I slammed the door and grudged through my skin when I heard the door bell rang.

“Tintin!”

Gini! I ran to open the door.

“What are you doing here?” I was surprised to see her cute face prior to my test.

“Breakfast, sir! ” She lifted a solid packed box on top her head and exposed her white beads.

I pursed my lips and gazed at her rinsed shoulder length hair which was now spreading fresh jasmine. Gin has this amazing feature on her face that boys go crazy for, its called Innocence.

Say, she was found on top of a slayed dead body in the loneliest street of the night, holding the bloody knife with a murderous look on her cruel face, I could bet she would rather be claimed a victim and go guilt free without being held responsible or even the furthest accountable. She is that innocent.

But underneath that innocence, she is one cunning lady who constantly plans to bury me inside a wooden box.

“See you after school. Byeeeeeé”. She hopped on her Rocky 2.0 and aimed to paddle at a snail pace.

Gini likes cool morning breeze slowly brushing her face and flipping her hair. She enjoys every little thing that the world offers her. Me on the other side, seeks for the only thing that the world doesn’t offer! Gini!

--

My class test ended sharp at three when my desk mate and my duo, Rahul pounced on me hoping I’m a piece of cake or something.

“How did it go?” he light slapped my shoulder and enquired about the test.

“Okay, I guess”! I said while closing the caps on my pens.

“First place again, eh? Aren’t you tired of coming first? Can’t you allow me to take over”? He pouted like a toddler, demanding what’s beyond his reach.

“Where did you land this time? Your rank slide down to thirty from twenty two. You slip down like this and I will call you a slipper.” I knuckled on his forehead.

There is always a filthy mouthed, shameless, buffy guy who declares their unwanted existence in every boy’s group, the guy who also fits for the dumbest asshole quota of all time, yeah, that’s Rahul!