𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬

YOU JOLTED UP awake from your slumber

YOU JOLTED UP awake from your slumber. you didn't sleep well at all that night. you tossed and turned for hours and managed to only sleep for a bit before you got woken up again by the sudden jolts. you sat up and sighed. you took your phone and checked the time, it was only four in the morning.

you and your team will be leaving at nine in the morning. you lay down on your futon, hoping to fall back asleep for at least another thirty minutes but luck wasn't on your side. you gave up and slowly crept into the bathroom with your towel and took a warm shower.

you wore a white t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants, then you folded your futon and placed them neatly in the corner. you tiptoed to the door. slowly and quietly, you slid it open.

you decided to head to the rooftop for some fresh air, but you stumbled upon the vending machine down the hall. without hesitating, you took out your money and insert it in the machine. your finger pressed firmly on the canned coffee and almost immediately, it fell to the bottom.

you bend down slightly and you fished your hand to pick it up. you slowly picked up your pace and head up to the rooftop. you pushed the metal door open and felt the cold breeze hit against your skin. it was cold and the sky were still a little dark.

you walked across the large empty rooftop and lean your elbows against the rough textured terrace. your fingers laced around the top of the coffee can, before you lift up the back of the aluminium tab and push it down, taking a sip.

you let the lower part of your body leaned against the roof vent, slightly shifting your weight onto it so it felt as if you were sitting down. you inhaled the cold wind and exhaled the moment you hear the metal door opened.

there, stood a familiar boy who was dressed in a black tee and red joggers, his bedhead looking slightly messier than usual.

his eyes widened when he saw that someone else was there. a small smile formed on your lips and you waved. "morning, tetsu." you uttered. he made his way over to you and leaned his back against the terrace. "morning, y/n. what are you doing up here so early?" his eyes darted over to the city, but still glanced at you for a moment, waiting for your answer.

"i couldn't sleep, so i came for a little fresh air." you briefly told him and took another sip of your coffee. "and you?" you glanced over at him, his large hands trying to smoother down his hair. "same case," he let out a breathy chuckle.

you both ended up talking the whole time, jokes and laughters were shared. he also told you about that one time kenma fought with yamamoto and fukunaga had to stop them by pouring a pail of cold water on the both male.

"wow i'm surprised kenma actually fought back. he doesn't seem like the type to," you uttered and kuroo laughed. "i know, i was surprised too." it turns out kuroo was really fun and easygoing, despite his intimidating appearance.

"i think the sun is about to rise now." you uttered and held onto your now empty can of coffee, striding towards kuroo's side and leaned against the terrace as well. it was already dawn. "yeah, it is." he exhaled. "have you watched the sunrise before?" he asked and stared into your brown eyes.

you had your eyes fixated straight ahead and you shook your head.

"i don't think so, i'm not a morning person." you giggled. about fifteen minutes later, the sun eventually rose and you were mesmerized by the beauty of it.

kuroo was too, but he wasn't mesmerized by the sun, he was rather mesmerized by the girl standing next to him and how the sunlight shone upon her face, how the wind blew softly blowing against her hair and the way soft rosy tint form on her cheeks.

"hinata! next time i'm going block your spikes again." lev slightly crouched down as he speak to the ginger male. hinata agreed and gave him a thumbs up. you bid your goodbye to kaori and yukie and promised to meet each other again during nationals.

you guys exchanged contacts with each other before kuroo, bokuto and akaashi walked towards you and bokuto pulled you into a tight. "i'll miss you guys bokuto, akaashi," you pull away from bokuto's arms and pouted, pretending to wipe the tears that weren't there.

"oh don't be dramatic, y/n. we can still text each other." akaashi rolled his eyes at your act. "so you're not going to miss nekoma?" kuroo asked and placed a hand over his heart. "tsk, you guys are coming to miyagi for the weekend anyway." you rolled your eyes and he chuckled.

"yeah, we are. and by then you better be done memorising the periodic table." he folded his arms in front of his chest. "eh, how about no," you stuck your tongue out at him.

"y/n! y/n! give me your number so we can keep in touch!" bokuto eagerly handed you his phone with a huge grin on his face. you giggled seeing how happy he looks. you took his phone into your hand and tapped your number before handing it back to him.

"give me your number too, y/n." kuroo told you and took his phone out of his pocket. "what for, tetsu?" you put on a confused face. "y/n! come on now," he whined and you laughed at his expression. "okay, okay. here you go." you handed him his phone back after tapping your number into his dial pad.

"okay, i'm going to keep sending you science jokes," he ruffled your hair and you punch his chest lightly. "aight, dawg. your homegirl is leaving." you waved goodbye and pretended to sniff.

you hopped on to the bus and sat yourself next to sugawara. there was a slight tension in the air of bus but no one decided to bring it up. everyone sat in silence, some of them asleep while the rest have their earphones in their ear or had their attention on their phones.

you did the same and texted hajime although you know you weren't going to get a reply. you knew he usually go for his morning run without his phone at this hour so you didn't worry too much. after ten minutes of the bus ride, you received a text from an anonymous number.

xxx-xxx-xxx:
hey yo
its kuroo 👀😎