seven

Chris' POV

–Hey, ma. –I jogged down the stairs and kissed her cheek.

–Hey, baby, how did you sleep? –she said cooking some eggs.

–Well, well... –I sighed, still waking up.

–I've been meaning to ask you something. –she took a quick glance at me.– Why aren't you staying at your house? –she put a plate in front of me and sat next to me.– Not that I'm complaining, you know I love to have you here but I suppose it's more comfortable sleeping in your own bed than in your sister's old one. –she smiled resting her elbow on the table and her head on her wrist.

–Oh, it's just that they're fixing some stuff...

It wasn't a complete lie, a few weeks ago there were a few problems with the electric and plumbing systems but they were all fixed by now. I didn't even know why I decided to stay with my mom in this visit.

–Mhm... are you sure is not something else? –she stared at me.– Or should I say someone?

–Mom... –I leaned my head to the side.– I know what you're trying to do, Scott told me.

–Ugh, as your red friend from Avengers says, snitches end up in ditches. –I laughed when I realized she was talking about Paul Bettany.– But isn't she lovely?

–Yes, she is. But she's twenty and I'm thirty nine. She could be my daughter.

–Ugh, I know, the age gap is the only bad thing but don't exaggerate, you would have had to become a dad at nineteen...

–Are you hearing yourself, mom?

–I am aware this is crazy, Christopher but you two have so much in common and you're not getting any younger, love. Besides, I sense some chemistry between the two of you... –she moved her eyebrows up and down, making me playfully roll my eyes. All members of my family have told me that now.

–Where is she, anyways? –I said trying to change the subject.

–She goes to church every Sunday. Oh, don't make that face. She's not like those disrespectful religious people. –mom started cleaning up the kitchen while I finished my breakfast.– At what time do you leave tonight?

–My plane leaves at 10:00 o'clock at night, so I have to be at the airport at 8:00.

–I'm gonna miss you, hun. –she kissed my forehead before getting up to clean up the kitchen.

–Me too but I'm almost done with the movie and I'll be back in no time. –the main entrance door opened and Y/n came in, speaking to someone on the phone in Spanish.

–Sí, te prometo que todo es broma, nos estamos burlando de la prensa. Te hablo luego que ya llegué a casa. Te amo más, bye.
(Yes, I promise you everything's a joke, we're making fun of the press. I'll call you later, I just got to the house. Love you more, bye.)

Y/n's POV

–Hey... –I said closing the door and turning to see Chris and Lisa in the kitchen.

–Hey... –Chris smiled at me.

–Hello, sweetie. How was church? –asked Lisa.

–It was great, thank you!

I left my coat on the coat rack beside the entrance door and my keys on a small plate where everyone put theirs. I sat next to Chris while Lisa asked if I wanted something to eat.

–Oh, I had breakfast before I left but thank you! I'm just going to eat an apple. –I reached out to grab one from the fruit bowl in the middle of the kitchen island.