thirty one

–If we only had known we would have waited a little longer to announce our engagement... that way maybe the media would forget about you guys. –said my mom.

–We have a plan here but we'd like to hear what Y/n and Chris think. –said Megan, Chris' publicist.

We sighed and looked at each other. We didn't know. I'm a pretty open person and don't mind telling the world about us but I still felt it wasn't quite right, at least not time wise taking into account I didn't want my success to be a hundred percent linked to Chris. On the other hand, Chris really cherishes his privacy and knows what the media and fans can be like.

Two days ago at Disneyland we were okay with maybe open up to the world about our relationship but neither of us thought that we'd have to do it soon. Now we didn't know if doing so would be the best thing. But we knew this was something that would change our relationship and our lives as well.

–Let's go. –Chris says reaching his hand out for me to take.

–What? Where? –I asked confused, yet, taking it.

We left the room agitated since he was walking fast practically dragging me. He ignored my questions about where we were going until we were outside the château, the gates were a few steps away. He whispered an "I don't know". I looked around and saw some of François' expensive vintage cars.

–I know where.

I ran towards where the cars were parked and to my luck, a Mercedes Benz 190 SL had the keys on the seat. As if it was waiting for us. I got in and drove to where Chris was standing. I slid to the passenger seat and he got quickly in the driver's.

Thank God a car was entering the château so the gates opened and Chris took the opportunity to drive away. I heard a voice screaming my name, making me turn. A blonde girl's head was coming out of the car, looking at me confused. Oh my God, was that Jess?

–Jess? –I screamed but we were too far gone.– Oh my God.

–Do you want to go back?

–No... just drive. I'll tell you where to go, let me open Google Maps.

~~~<*>~~~

–We can't just make out, we have to figure out what to do. –he said breaking the heated make out session we were having.

–I didn't know Jess was coming. Must have been a surprise from my mom... –I slipped down from the fence Chris sat me down on and began walking to where the golf cart was parked.

–Y/n!

–Come on, we still have a few holes left.

–Y/n... –I sighed, putting my hands on my hips and then using one of them to massage my temple.

–I don't know, Chris. I don't know what to do. I feel like whatever we decide will ruin your career. I ruined your career. Everyone's gonna talk about the age gap and...

–Hey... hey. No. –he took my face on both of his hands, making me look at him.– If anything I'm taking your shot away, you didn't want your success be linked to anyone and I...

–No, you're not. –I interrupted him and sighed.– You love your privacy and now we have to address this one way or another.

–I wouldn't mind shouting out to the world that I love you. No matter how that may have repercussions on my career.

–Ugh, I love you for that but even if I'd love for you to do that, how selfish would I be for not caring about your job? I want to keep seeing you grow in your career. And I know you want the same thing for me...