twenty eight

–Let's play mermaids, please. –I pouted, making my bottom lip tremble a little.

–Okay...

–Thanks! –I hugged him.– I am Ariel and you're Eric, alright? Let's pretend my dad King Triton made you able to become a merman whenever you touch the sea.

–Okay. –he laughed and kissed my nose.– Do we already have Melody?

–Not yet.

We began swimming and fooling around in the pool. After a few minutes my imagination stopped properly working so we stopped playing that and we just kept talking and sun bathing. I was really in love with François' chateau, it seemed taken out from a fairytale.

We got out of the pool and laid down on the grass. A boy from the staff approached us to leave us some snacks, a glass of cold wine for me and a beer for Chris. He started laughing and I looked at him smiling yet frowning, not knowing what he was laughing about.

–What?

–Minutes ago we were playing mermaids and now we're sipping alcohol like grownups. –I chuckled nodding.– You're so beautiful... and sexy. –I bursted into laughter.

–I'm all wet and probably look like a mess right now.

–So what? You're gorgeous all the time, I can't believe you're my girlfriend. –I smiled and looked at the view in front of us, after a few seconds I sighed and spoke.

–Maybe we should go shower and get ready, I have a little surprise for you. –I said sitting up and grabbing a towel to cover me from the waist down.

–Aquí están! Y/n, ven acá. (Here you are. Y/n, come here) –screamed my mom.

A tall, blonde girl and a dark haired, taller boy were standing up next to her wearing horse riding clothes. I asked Chris to pick up our stuff and I approached them. I guess those were François' kids.

–Hey...

–Y/n, these are Mathilde and François Jr. Guys, this is my daughter Y/n.

–Hey, Y/n. So nice to meet you. –said Mathilde smiling and reaching out her hand for me to take. I shook it briefly.

–Hi. –he said a little shy, giving me a side smile.

–I've got everything, princess. –said Chris standing next to me and then looked at my mom and François' kids.– Hey. –he saluted them.

–Uhm... this is Chris, my boyfriend. –I said smiling, without showing my teeth.

–Oh my God, nice to meet you. Big fans of your work, Chris. –said Mathilde widely smiling at him and waving her hair from one side to the other. She was definitely eyeing him up.

I didn't like one bit the way she looked at him. Chris just nodded and smiled without showing his teeth, seeming a bit uncomfortable. François just shook his hand and mumbled a barely audible "nice to meet you".

–Well, we're gonna go get cleaned up since we have plans. –I said but before we were able to leave, my mother stopped us.

–What? No, no... Go get ready, we're spending this day all together.

–Mom...

–Y/n, no hagas una escena y obedece, tus planes pueden esperar hasta mañana. Por favor... (Y/n, don't make a scene and obey, your plans can wait until tomorrow. Please...)

–Está bien. (Fine.) –I sighed and Chris and I began walking towards the house.

We went to our respective rooms to shower and get ready for dinner. I couldn't stop thinking about François' kids, specially Mathilde... Not only was she stunning but the way she stared at Chris didn't set with me at all. I took a casual dress out of my suitcase and laid it on my bed along with a denim jacket and the shoes I'd be wearing.