Chapter 17

Jongin had his girlfriend in his arms as they cuddle in the couch whilst watching whatever series his girlfriend chose to binge watch when his phone went off.

He had no plans of answering it honestly and made a mental note to put it on silent next time but his girlfriend nudges him by her elbow.

"Babe, I think you need to get that."

He nuzzles the tip of his nose against her hair, he had grown way too addicted to it recently. "No. Let it ring."

"I would say that too but it's Lisa. She never calls you when we're together. That's proba—" he didn't even let her finish as he quickly reaches out for it — carefully not toppling his girlfriend over by the sudden movement.

She just smiles, gets off the couch and moves to the kitchen to give him privacy. She treats Lisa like a sister now plus she never gave her any headache unlike her boyfriend, unfortunately.

"Hey, what's up?"

He heard a sniff, it instigates panic in him.

"Were you crying? What's wrong?" He stands up and starts looking for his jacket he threw somewhere.

Lisa clears her throat. "Where are you?"

"Noona's, where are you?"

"Oh. Just somewhere. Forgot that you were with her, sorry to disturb you."

"Nonsense! Where are you? What's wrong?" And he couldn't somehow find his jacket, luckily for him, his girlfriend comes out of nowhere and hands it to him.

"What's wrong?" She asks silently, she saw the panic in Jongin's eyes and knowing how close these two are, she couldn't help but worry for Lisa too.

He shrugs. "I don't know but she's crying." He mouths back, now wearing his jacket.

A sniff. "I don't know what to do, Jong."

He frowns whilst grabbing his set of car keys. "Hold it. Let me go where you are. Please."

Another sniff. "Condo."

"I'll be there in a jiffy. Don't go anywhere! Don't open your door unless it's me."

Lisa chuckles. "Yes father."

"I am serious."

"I know. Drive safely."

"Stay there. Bye."

"Bye." He quickly heads straight to the foyer to wear his shoes.

"Noona, sorry. Lisa needs me."

She's already leaning against the wall whilst looking at him, smiling. "Go. She rarely needs your ass."

He chuckles, lands a kiss on her forehead before he sprints out of the unit. Jaws clenching and when the elevator took like forever, he makes a quick detour down the staircase.

"Hang in there."

***

"Lisa. It's me." Jongin says after punching in her passcode but couldn't get in because it's locked inside.

He heard a soft thud before he twists the knob. He removes his jacket and shoes before striding himself inside his bestfriend's house.

Nothing seems unusual though until he saw the gloomy look of Lisa's face, staring basically to nothing.

"Hey." He says, Lisa didn't even look up.

He hangs his jacket before moving closer, sitting right beside but with enough space between them to give her air to breathe and be calm. "What happened?"