Chapter 20

(a/n): hello everyone, apologies for not being able to update for weeks. If you're following me on Twitter, you know why but for those who don't, I had writer's block for weeks!

But anyhow, enough with my dily dally. Enjoy this long update.

***

Jongin looks up from the countertop he'd been wiping for minutes now — all because BamBam decided to be clumsy enough to spill sugar and powdered cream while he was grabbing stirrer sticks in a hurry — when the chimes went off, signaling new customer.

"I see you've turned into a wiper and a goldfish now." Lisa laughs when Jongin's mouth goes open and close like a fish, unable to utter a word. "Hello."

It's been just 6 days, she should be working or be in Seoul by the 8th day and she did not mention anything about going back early.

So this reaction should be acceptable.

"Ya—" Jongin was about to scold her when BamBam literally sprinted out of the kitchen when he heard Lisa's voice.

"Lisa! Oh my God!"

Mina winces at the loud voice, fortunately to them, there's only one customer who has his earphones on and just don't give a damn around him or else Mina would be throwing things to inflict pain at any cost.

But doesn't mean she won't say something though.

"BamBam! Can you tone that voice down?" She grumbles, making her way back to the countertop after serving the customer his second shot of coffee. "Hello Lis, sorry we have a hyena in this establishment. Welcome back."

Lisa laughs, so did Jongin, at that. BamBam's arm winded up around her shoulders and she did not even bother removing it. She misses them too no matter how much she wants to shove BamBam's face right then and there.

"Hyena? A hear a penguin talking."

"I am not a penguin!"

"I did not even drop a name?"

"You've been calling me a penguin ever since you overheard the conversation with my sister. Geez! You're so annoying!"

BamBam laughs and was about to retort again but he heard the chef calling his name so he excused himself, of course not without teasing Mina again. Mina could only let out an irritated sigh.

"How to literally unfriend someone?"

Lisa laughs. "He's getting into your nerves huh?"

"Tell me about it. Jesus Christ, just because he got dumped doesn't mean I'm not going to tear him into pieces."

Lisa frowns then looks at Jongin. "He got dumped?"

Jongin hums whilst discarding the used paper towel to the trash. "Yep, he said something about another man. Not really sure."

Lisa winces, her attention moves back to Mina. "Third party huh?"

"Yep. Bad break up too."

"Yikes."

"Totally. He was all over the place for like two days and I think he still is. He's just diverting everything." Quips Mina.

"He'll be fine. Just let him be." Jongin quips.

"Isn't that his shortest relationship, no?" Lisa asks.

Mina hums. "If my memory is correct then yes but he seemed to be serious about her though." She shrugs. "Anyway enough talking about that wild hyena." Lisa laughs again.