Chapter 21

"Hey."

Lisa looks over her shoulder while her hands are tying the laces of her running shoes. "Hey." She replies with a smile after seeing who it is. "What are you doing here?"

Jennie shrugs as she sits on the bench just right beside Lisa's black duffle bag. "Got no classes and was on my way to the SC but saw you gearing up. Thought I'd drop by to say, Hi."

Lisa drops her tied shoe back on the pavement before settling her other foot with an undone shoelace on the bench. "I see." Then proceeds on tying them.

It's been little under a month since the talk and things went quite pretty well for the both of them. It was weird and awkward at first but they jumped off that hurdle after few meet ups for brunch, lunch or even dinner.

They both still want to follow their initial plans to start a new, to start something they had failed to properly do so — friendship. They're not labeling their status as exclusive but somehow, deep inside them and just by the way they decline dinner requests and date invites from time to time, it had become an unspoken truth between them.

They're friends, of course, but treat each other way more than that. It should makes sense, right?

Anyway...

Their friends were pretty much delighted to hear the news. Jongin offered to be on the delivery order workload for one shift as his gift to his friend for finally being smart enough to grow up and talk it out — he regretted that though, delivery orders drained the hell out of him.

Nayeon was beyond ecstatic to hear it. She promised to make up to them when she visits Seoul next summer or when her time allows her to do so. Before that though, Nayeon had an earful from Lisa but forgave her nonetheless.

Chaeyoung, Jisoo, Seulgi and Joohyun were relieved to know it. Lisa also met up with them two days after the talk she had with Jennie to apologize, forgive and start over again.

Chaeyoung cried, after all, she had grown to like the woman as a friend and as someone she could vouch Jennie for — of course she won't tell anyone about the latter.

Jisoo instantly sat right beside Lisa in their shared class the day after, she had missed Lisa and their random, weird and goofy interactions. Lisa makes that class easy, fun and something she always looked forward to so when Lisa avoided her, it was as if there could no longer be a better part of her day.

Much to Seulgi's delight, Lisa agreed to become part of the dance club again. She considers Lisa as her friend other than someone she could always rely on in the dance club so this reconciliation hits two birds in one stone. Taemin was beyond words when he heard about it too and hosted a small party in their dance club to welcome Lisa back.

Joohyun, though being the one that isn't that close to Lisa, seeing her friends finally got the dark clouds gone above their heads made her very happy. Everything is back to normal again.

"No dance practice today?" Jennie continues after staring at Lisa for a few seconds.

"We do but it'll be in two hours. I feel like running so here I am." Lisa does small hops after tying her shoelaces.

"Alone?"

Lisa moves back a couple of steps away from Jennie so she could start stretching, unbeknownst to her, Jennie's having an inner battle with her heart that's beating so fast and loud. Despite seeing her stretching multiple times, her heart still isn't accustomed to the sight.

Lisa is wearing an above the knee gray running shorts with a black thermal cycling shorts that reached down just a few inches lower than where her running shorts ends, a black dri-fit jersey shirt and her hair tied up in a ponytail. There's nothing sexier and hotter than that in Jennie's eyes.