Chapter 19

One of the things that Lisa picked up over the past few days of not being able to dance and get rid of some of her endorphins was running. She either does this early in the morning — sun isn't even up yet, or if she has free time in between classes when she fails to do her morning jogs.

Jongin, the protective bestfriend that he is, would also wake up early in the morning just so Lisa won't jog around the town alone. No place is safe when hungry hyenas want to feast so it's better to sacrifice his sleep than sorry and Lisa was thankful for that despite the several initial protests. She can never really win over Jongin when it's about her safety.

Lisa has 3 hours of gap before her next class so she decided to run around the field or maybe even around the campus. She had been joining the daily practices of the track and field team when she has time so it isn't a surprise for them to see her stretching with them — wearing a black running leggings under an above knee shorts, black and white running shoes, black dri-fit jersey shirt and her hair tied up in a high ponytail.

"No class?" Lisa remembers him, his name's Jinwoo, one of the track and field's super athletes.

Lisa nods, almost finishing her warm ups. "Yeah, 3 hours to waste to be exact."

He smiles. "Cool. You can still tag along if you want to."

"I'd love that. Same route?"

"Yes, just in the campus still. We will have sprinting throughout the course by the way. You ready?"

Lisa beams. "Absolutely."

And off they did. The team lined up in two different sections, each of which contains both men and women in different order to keep everyone in shape — a good training routine for women to be as fast or even faster than men.

Lisa has earned a spot in the middle of the line, she doesn't know how but the coach had been fond of her since she that day when she was the only woman who was able to keep up with the men. She was even offered a spot but she declined, she's only doing this out of hobby and has no plan to compete.

They did 3 laps around the huge oval before they finally went out and jog around the campus, following where Jinwoo is heading. It didn't take a while until they started sprinting and being in the middle with men running ahead and behind her, Lisa has no choice but to run as fast as she could to keep up — it wasn't hard, it wasn't enough, her lungs needed more pressure so she sprints faster.

The sprinting didn't last long as they go back to normal jog routine. Lisa was too focused with her breathing techniques and keeping up with everyone in the team that she didn't notice they're tracking the pavement in front of the Student Council's building.

Jinwoo starts sprinting again and others followed suit.

"Is that Lisa?" Jisoo asks, eyes not leaving at the figure who just created a distance between her and the line following her.

"I am so sure that it's her." Chaeyoung replies.

Joohyun turns to look at Seulgi. "She joined the track team?" She noticed the sadness in Seulgi's eyes.

"I am not really sure."

"She's still not showing up in practices?"

Seulgi shakes her head.

They are standing at the balcony located at the second floor where they could see the field and the oval.

"Is she still not talking to you?" Joohyun asks as she turns her head to where Jennie is standing. The longing, regret and sadness are all over Jennie's eyes and face. Joohyun could only sigh.