Part 4

When you have a boyfriend : you as his arranged wife
Part 4 PJM

As soon as you saw that he read your message, your heart started beating out of his chest.

He didn’t block you? The thought itself made your head dizzy. Why? Unknown. You immediately sat straight up and double checked your phone, maybe you were hallucinating.

No. He really did reply. You immediately agreed, thinking about nothing. No one. Not Jimin, Not your parents, not the consequences you might face if you get caught.

He sent you the location and told you to meet him in an hour there.

You got and got ready, hiding your eyes with makeup to at least look presentable. You got out of the room and were met by Jimin just entering the house. Exhausted.

He didn’t even spare a glance at you. He directly headed towards a maid and gave her his jacket and tie. He sat down on the couch with a plop.

You wanted to inform him but didn’t. You headed towards the door. Jimin was staring at your back, but didn’t want to ask anything. If Jimin had one thing that he’d never give up, it’s his self-respect.

But he still stepped down for you. Twice. He really wanted you both to work. But maybe destiny didn’t want you both together. Or did it?

You left the house and Jimin then got a call from his best friend. Taemin.

“Yo bro!” he sang from the other side in a loud voice, making Jimin move his face away from the phone.

“Chill out,” Jimin sighed.

“Are you down for soju? Please, it's been so many days!” Taemin pleaded and Jimin could literally hear his pout.

“I’m so tired min” Jimin said and sighed.

“Yeah yeah. Now that you’re married you will ignore your friends. Fine, it's alright. We aren’t that close anymore. I get it” Taemin made his voice waver.

“Ugh drama queen. Fine let's go” Jimin playfully rolled his eyes and chuckled.

“Come to your office’s bar,” Taemin said and hung up.

[Time skip]

You were sitting in front of the man, who once was the love of your life. Maybe he still is. You didn’t turn your gaze away from him afraid that you will never be able to meet him again. After a very long awkward silence he broke the ice.

“Yn. I’m sorry. I behaved like an idiot. I left you just like that without saying anything. But after I went home, I tried to stand in your shoes, from your point of view. And then” he paused.

“And then I realized maybe I’d do the same. I would want nothing to see in your eyes, other than happiness in that moment. At least something positive in this negative situation maybe. But after you revealed the truth to me, it was overwhelming Yn. The mere fact that I might not be able to meet you ever again, made my stomach churn” he said and sighed.

You could see tears rolling down his eyes, wetting the mask he was wearing. Tears pooled in your eyes too. You let them flow down.

“I’m really sorry Koo” you said and held his palm rubbing it with your thumb.

“It’s okay” he said and smiled at you, sadly.

You both sat down for a while, enjoying each other’s presence. As you were about to leave Jungkook held your wrist spinning you back.

He hugged you. Tight. As if he never wanted you to leave. And yes, he didn’t want you to leave. But fate decided to play games on you. He pulled away and was staring at your lips.

Unknowingly you both leaned in. You were about an inch away from his lips, when Jimin’s face flashed in front of your eyes. Not just Jimin’s face, his concerned face. The thing you were doing was very unfair to him.

You slightly tilted your face to the side and Jungkook took the hint.

“His face flashed in front of your eyes, didn’t it?” Jungkook sadly chuckled.

The tears which didn’t seem to stop ever since the wedding day, came out harder.

“I’m sorry Jungkook,” you whispered.

Jungkook sadly nodded and brought his lips to your forehead, kissing it and still lingered there.

“I-“

But before you could continue You both flinched when you heard a glass shattering sound behind you both. A bottle of soju slipped from a man’s hand. Not any man, your husband Jimin. Who probably would’ve misunderstood that you both have kissed because of the angle he was standing.