Seven- Second date

BABE
Kenzie and I had been sitting in the Game Shakers office for nearly 45 minutes. Henry was out with Trip and Hudson buying us lunch.

"Ok. So...you still can't decide?" Kenzie seemed annoyed.

"I can't! The 2 dates were so good!" I complained.

"The only date I'm not considering is Blake..." I admitted.

"Did any of them create sparks in your heart?" I knew the answer.

"N-No..." I lied.

"Ok. Here's what we're gonna do. You're gonna recap 2 dates to me and after that, we're gonna create 2 pros and cons lists identifying the good and bad things about each boy. Once that's over, you'll have a clear idea of who you are meant to be with, either Mason the roller-derby champion or Henry, the secret sidekick to superhero: Captain Man." Kenzie blurted out.

"I hope you're right..." I leaned back in my chair, sick of having to go through all of this. I wish cupid would've shot me with an arrow telling me who I'm meant to be with.

"So. Recap." Kenzie smiled.

After recapping both dates, Kenzie had her information.

"Ok. Pros and cons list 1. Henry."

"Pros: He's cute. He's sweet. He's caring. He's a sidekick to a superhero." I listed my positives.

"Cons list. Henry." Kenzie kept writing.

"Cons: He lives in Swellview. I live in New York." I frowned.

"Depending on how this all works out, I might have a solution to the location problem." Kenzie smiled.

"Anyways, Pros and cons list 2. Mason." Kenzie wrote a seperate list.

"Pros: Sweet. Thoughtful. Good listener." I spoke, smiling.

"Cons: Runs away from tough situations." I remembered him leaving me in the subway.

"Pick Henry." Kenzie smiled.

"Really?" I asked, confused.

"Of course! He has so many pros and one con. Besides. He's a sidekick to a superhero. If you ever get into any danger, you are the first person he's going to think of so he'll do everything to save you!" Kenzie smiled, bringing up a good point.

"So...I want to date Henry?" I asked.

"Yep...and if he accepts a second date, tell him that you'll organise it." Kenzie kept smiling.

"Why?" I was confused.

"Henry has seen the 'fancy' version of you." Kenzie started explaining.

"So?" I wasn't sure where she was going with this conversation.

"The second date should show him that you can be comfortable as well. You can wear your fanciest sweatpants and shirt." She gave me the date idea.

"This assures him that your the perfect person to stay at home and snuggle with...and if the second date goes well...it'll end in Henry calling you babe as in the girlfriend term!" Kenzie had everything sorted.

"Are you sure this'll work?" I was worried.

"I can assure you that Henry seems like the 'stay at home and snuggle' type. I mean...did you see the pictures of him at Charlotte's sleepover when they were 13? Charlotte told me that he lost his shirt for 2 hours and walked around shirtless with sweatpants on." Now I had the image of Henry being shirtless in my mind. Just saying...I didn't mind the image...but I shouldn't be thinking about it.
———
Knocking on Henry's door, he opened it, smiling. I walked in, sitting on the couch as he gave me a concerned look.

"I have something I want to ask you." Both Henry and I spoke in unison.

"Sorry. You first." Once again we spoke in unison.

"Look." Henry laughed. "After our date, I felt some sort of connection that I have never felt with anyone. My ex-girlfriends...they made me smile, but they didn't make me laugh like you do." Henry admitted.

"I haven't stopped thinking about you since our date..." I also admitted, earning a smile from Henry.

"Will you go on a second date with me?" We asked in unison.

Before Henry could answer our shared question, I kissed him, my hands moving to his neck as I pulled him closer. He luckily deepened the kiss, giving me my answer. He laid down, my body on top of him.

"I will go on that second date with you Henry...but I'm organising." I smiled as I kissed him more.

"Oh really?" He asked, smirking.

"Wear your fanciest sweatpants and shirt." I got up.

"Really?" He asked, confused.

"Yes and meet me downstairs tonight at 6pm." I hugged him before leaving the room, heading downstairs to address Kenzie, Trip and Hudson.