Five- Boy 2, date 2

BABE
After my date with Henry, I hadn't stopped thinking about him. We had such a connection, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't have feelings for Blake or Mason. Once again, Henry was hanging out with Trip and Hudson.

Kenzie: Ready for boy number 2?

Me: Of course.

Kenzie: Give me Blake's number.

Me: *** *** ****

Kenzie: Thanks Babe.

KENZIE
It was time for me to play cupid again. Now that I had Blake's number, it was time to put my match-making skills to the test.

Me: Hi Blake. This is Kenzie Bell from the Game Shakers. I got your number from Trip and I was hoping that you'd cheer up Babe? She hasn't been herself for a few days and I'm hoping that she'll actually text you back.

Blake: Let me see what I can do. I'll have the normal Babe back in no time.

Now that Blake was most likely going to ask Babe out, I sat and relaxed, watching as Henry and the boys returned.

"Is Babe around?" Henry smiled as he said her name.

"Uh, Babe is upstairs but she's extremely tired after yesterday. You two must have had a good date..." I smiled.

"You and Babe went on a date?!" Trip was shocked.

"And maybe I can take her on a second date tonight?" Henry looked at me.

"Oh, uh...Babe and I are going to the movies for a girls night. Sorry Henry..." I smiled.

"No worries. I can ask her another time..." He smiled, seeming to understand.

BABE
I laid in bed, still reminiscing about my date with Henry. Every time I looked into his deep brown eyes, I sensed a feeling of love...and not the friendship kind. When we held hands, a spark flew through my body like a firework. As I thought about Henry, he texted.

Blake: Hey Babe. I was wondering if I could take you on a date tonight? Just us?

Me: Sounds good Blake.

Blake: I'll meet you at the New York cinema at 8pm?

Me: See you then.

I had a second date...but not with Henry. Just then, a text.

Kenzie: If you come downstairs, act tired.

Me: Should I ask?

Kenzie: Just do it.

Feeling a wave of hunger, I quickly left my room, immediately slowing down once I began to head downstairs.

"Hey sleepin' beauty..." Henry smiled.

"H-Hey." I was still hung up about last night.

"I hope you're not too tired for our girls night at the cinema? Remember?" Kenzie smiled.

"Oh, yeah. I just need some food then I'll go begin my process of preparation." I fake yawned.
———
5 hours passed before it was nearly time for my date with Blake, unbeknownst to the three boys who stood downstairs in the office. I met up with Kenzie who looked great for a girl who was just covering for a date.

"We're off." Kenzie smiled.

"Enjoy your girls night!" Henry smiled as we left. Once we were a few minutes from the building, Kenzie left me to go to Fooders. I met up with Blake, who looked cute. We walked into the building, paid for our tickets and headed inside.

"What type of movie?" I asked, curious.

"Horror. That way you can hug me when you're scared." He smirked.

"You're gonna be the one hugging me tonight Blake. I haven't been scared by anything since I was 8 years old." I informed him. If Henry was here right now, he'd have bought tickets for a romantic comedy.

"Well...we'll see about that." Blake smirked again.

As always, the movie dragged on, nearly making me fall asleep.

"Excuse me...I-I don't feel well." I pretended to feel sick just to escape the date I was on.

As I exited the movie theatre, heading to the bathrooms, I couldn't believe that I had just lied to my date. The date itself was ok...but not good enough for me to want a second date. As I looked in the mirror, I thought about being here with Henry. I'd be sitting in my seat while his arm wrapped around my shoulder as we laughed at someone falling off a table. Stop it Babe!

I exited the bathrooms, waiting for the movie to end before Blake exited the theatre.

"You feelin' ok?" Blake wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah...probably just the fact that I ate a lot today." I smiled.

"I'm gonna meet Kenzie at Fooders since she wanted to walk me home." I smiled, letting Blake kiss me on the cheek. I left the building, heading straight for Fooders.

"Hey Babe! How was the date?" I was excited for her response.

"Movie, horror, fake excuse, kiss on the cheek." I desperately wanted to get home.

"Oh...that bad huh?" I nodded at her question.

"Well...at least you have only one more date left." We reached the office, seeing Hudson and Henry playing a videogame on the giant TV.

"How was the movie girls?" Henry asked, pausing the game.

"Babe, here, tricked me into seeing a horror movie...so every 5 seconds I was gripping her arm wanting comfort!" Kenzie was always a good liar.

HENRY
Seeing how pissed Kenzie was at Babe made me laugh. The only person who could piss me off that much would be Ray. As I focused back on the TV, my phone buzzed. It was Jasper.

Jasper: Henry! C'mon talk to us. We're extremely worried about you! Well...Ray, Charlotte, Schwoz and I are worried. Piper and your parents have barely noticed your absence. Please tell us where you are so we can come get you!

Me: I'm ok.

I couldn't be bothered telling them where I was, since if I did, I'd hear an endless lecture from Charlotte about how stupid it was to run away and scare my friends and family.

Putting my phone away, I continued to focus on the game that I was currently beating Hudson in. I kept laughing as he demanded rematch after rematch.