Thirteen- Attention attracts danger

BABE
Life in Swellview has been different. I spend most of my time in the Game Shaker office, while Charlotte and Jasper visited. When Henry wasn't fighting crime as Kid Danger, he was in my office, helping me test new games.

"Hen? Does anything look different or off?" I asked, watching as Henry sat on the couch, his eyes glued to the TV.

"It looks good to me." He smiled, pausing the game.

"I'm proud of you, Babe. You know that, right?" Henry sat up, walking up to the counter before kissing my cheek.

"As much as I love it when you kiss my cheek, I have work to do, Hen. Why don't you, Charlotte and Jasper sit down and test more games, or even play other games that are scattered around the office." I smiled, watching as Charlotte and Jasper walked through the door, smiling.

"We heard our names." Jasper grabbed Henry's arm, Charlotte meeting them at the ping-pong table.

"You know, you two are just like my friends back home. Hudson and Trip love playing games and messing around. As for Kenzie, she prefers to watch." I laughed

Thinking of my friends made me miss them. I wish they were here. They would love this office. It's not as big as the office in New York, but it was amazing nonetheless.

As Henry, Charlotte and Jasper battling it out in Sky Whale, Henry winning by a long shot, Ray came through the back, looking panicked.

"Ray, what's wrong? What did you do?" I asked, worried.

"I didn't do anything wrong, but I think we're in danger..." He panicked more, clicking the lockdown button behind the counter.

"What kind of danger?" Henry asked, immediately putting his phone down.

"The kind of danger that attention brings when a new developer moves to town." He sighed.

"It can't be that serious?" Henry spoke as he turned off all the lights.

"Drex left me a message. 'I'm Back...'" Ray explained.

"Drex left you a message? That means he's either out of prison, or he escaped." Charlotte panicked.

"I'm gonna say the latter option." Jasper rolled his eyes.

"Wait, if he left a message, that means that he was in the Man Cave..." Henry was panicking just as much as Charlotte.

"Drex? Who is Drex an why is he so dangerous?" I asked, confused.

Henry and Charlotte sat me down while Jasper and Ray went around closing all windows.

"Drex is Ray's old sidekick. He was just as good a superhero as Ray, and one day, he turned bad. I first met him while we fought at Schneider's Bakery. I couldn't fight him and Ray was entrapped himself, so I gave up, but with the help of Charlotte and Schwoz, I got myself powers. I was able to take Drex down and we stored him in a dark part of the Man Cave." Henry started.

"But, one day when the Vice-Mayor shut down the power to the whole of Swellview, Drex escaped, trapped Jasper and went back in time to the day that Ray got his indestructibility, while he was 8. We were able to prevent him from killing Ray, so Ray still has his powers, but Drex also became indestructible." I was shocked.

"Ray managed to send Drex back 1 million years into the past. Unfortunately, that didn't last, as Drex came back and did the same thing to Ray. Luckily, we were able to take away his indestructibility without affecting Ray. He was put into prison, but apparently, he's escaped. Now, he's probably out there, plotting to kill us." Henry explained as he held my hand.

"Wow. You and your friends have a weird history..." I admitted as I stood up, trying to understand everything that Henry had told me about Drex.

"Everything is sealed up. So, we're safe for about...48 hours." Ray revealed.

"48 hours? That's a long time!" I exclaimed.

"Yep, but luckily after the last time the lockdown button was pushed...thanks Jasper...we made sure that the Man Cave had a whole lotta food stored safely, as the Auto-Snacker would be offline and unable to use." Ray smiled.

"And, thanks to me, the Game Shaker office always has a fridge stocked with food. Since I'm assuming that the elevator down to the Man Cave is also now offline, we have enough food and water to last us at least a week." I smiled.