𝐈𝐈

September 2nd.

Neville stretches, his arms tightening on the object in his arms. The firm thing feeling different than the pillow he situated the night before. The sun shining in on his face, warming it.

He opens his eyes to see a very peaceful and sleeping Y/n, her hair carefully placed, still messy. His arms tightly placed around her waist. Her arms placed around his neck. His head right next to hers, next to her ear.

He internally panics. moving a bit and rubbing his stomach against her thigh, the limb being held to his hip. He feels her soft skin and relaxes, his tense grip softening.

He notices She's not wearing anything, neither is he. her shoulders are exposed, and further down....

Neville would not dare look at her body without consent.

Her hair is wrapped around parts of her neck and chest, tangled as she moves, stirring, waking up.
Her hands go to his hair as she wakes up more, carding her fingers in it as she snuggles closer to him.

Holy shit- y/n y/l/n is playing with my hair- naked- in my bed- why can't I remember what we did last night- did we do something last night-

neville curses to himself before y/n opens her eyes, her eyelashes fluttering within the soft sunlight shining in through the curtains.

Nevilles eyes meet hers, instantly smiling from her soft gaze.

y/n sweetly moves her hand from his hair to his cheek, caressing it softly, massaging his cheekbones.

He smiles, moving his mouth to her hand, kissing it softly as she giggles.

Bloody hell, I'm fine with staying like this for the rest of my life-

she leans in to kiss neville. Embracing his lips  on hers.

Shocked, Neville doesn't kiss back immediately, her lips linger on his as she waits for him to kiss back.

Y/n shoves her tongue in his mouth- finding his to strangle.

Their tongues dance together for seconds before y/n pulls away, leaning her forhead on his.

"Neville.." she whispers, hiding in his neck. "Neville-" "NEVILLE!"

Suddenly dean is ripping Neville's curtains to his bed open, exposing Neville hugging his pillow tightly, shoving it against his body.

"Bloody hell mate- what?" Neville curses, the light now brought in from the lack of curtains nearly blinding him.

"You're gonna be late for breakfast" dean walks away, slightly chuckling at the sight.

Well shit, it was just a dream.

"O-ok I'm waking up" Neville groans as he throws his hand over his eyes, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he moves the pillow before staring at it, imagining y/n.
————
Neville, carrying his robes with him, not bothering to put them on until classes, makes his way to the great hall for the first breakfast of sixth year.

The familiar wooden benches calling his name as he steps on cracked stones, all the way down from the gryffindor tower.

After entering the crowded hall, Neville sees the sky in the form of the enchanted ceiling of the hall, the homely skies shine a gray, darkening over time as the day goes on.

Sets eyes on his best friend, her head bobbing slowly as she reaches down to her plate, her jaw moving as she chews her food.

Neville blushing as he remembers his dream. walking toward her, his robe hanging from his shoulder as he reaches the gryffindor table.