𝐕𝐈𝐈

December 21st.

y/n's feet caught the carpet, gripping onto it as she made her way through the train, carry on in her hand, resting on her arm. Neville follows her painfully close, his feet almost steeping on her ankles and bumping into her as he grips her free hand, interwinding their fingers; making sure he doesn't lose her- he cant lose her with how dangerous things are now. Word is that Voldemort's army is growing- quickly.

they search for a free compartment for the two of them, their eyes peering into the sections to see few people- they wanted no people. They found it a little easier as the train wasn't completely full- not everyone was going home for winter break. Their pupils flick from compartment to compartment- ending up picking a compartment near the end of the train, furthest away from the conductor. They lazily shut the door behind them, shutting them away from the rest of the students, who probably are chatting happily with their friends.

Y/n hands Neville her carry-on bag for him to set on the overhead compartment as he was a fair bit taller than her. he eagerly takes it, his arms stretching as his layers of jumpers move with him, forming around his shoulder blades.

Y/n takes a seat, nervously fidgeting, running her hands along and taking note of the pattern of carvings of just about anything around her, within a few feet. Her fingertips run where the little over-hang of fabric is from the seat she's situated in. her fingernails- dig into the pads of her hands, imagining the creases without actually looking. She twists the ends of her hair, brushing the ends against her skin, feeling the rough and almost spiky strands where it was chopped from her last haircut.

She set her legs in his lap, covering his thighs while she took her fingertip and slowly trailed down his nose, coming back up to his forehead to start over again, tracing his face. His eyes close from the comforting feeling, eye lashes batting against his, now warm, skin.

"Petal if you continue to do that I might fall asleep," he chuckles, turning to the girl as his hands find her stomach, planning to hold her close but as she squirms, tucking her stomach away, the ticklish skin reacting immediately to his touch.

He moves his fingers quickly, tickling the girl. Her body scrunches up, legs leaving his lap, tucking into her chest to keep him from tickling her further- attempt to keep him from tickling her further. His hands grab her ankles, gripping with just enough force for her to not be able to get away, yanking them back towards him, leaving her stomach to his use. while his fingers move with intense speed on the girls sensitive stomach, forcefully making her laugh, her sounds ring all throughout the compartment, Neville wonders if some other students will be alerted.

Neville loves her laugh, it's the cutest thing in the world. He wishes she laughed more often- sometimes he grows lonely without it, unless she's there with him- he's never lonely with her.

Her laughter is enough to bring butterflies into his stomach- he understood what "butterflies" people were talking about when he heard y/n laugh back in fourth year, it all made sense when the glorious sound rang from her lips- and the best thing, he made her laugh. Neville blocked out what he had said then, he was too shaken, shaken with desire, to remember; it left his brain the moment she let out the noise.

Neville watches her as tears form in her eyes, her hands desperately working to pull his hands away. Her head throws back as he reaches the side of her stomach, her body twists, urgently trying to lay on her side so he can't tickle her there. Her laughs turn more frantic as tickles both sides, one hand per side. It almost as if she has a hard time breathing- certainly sounded that way.

He slowly stops, his eyes never leaving her while making sure she catches her breath in his arms, her head gently resting on his inner elbow while she huffs; her face red from the tickling and Neville. She isn't too upset with him for tickling her, she likes his touch no matter what- even if he happened to he hurting her- accident or not- she'd still probably let him do it.