𝐕𝐈

November 21st.

Y/n's eyes flood with tears while reading the letter, the warm liquid running down her cheek before her hands hastily brush them away.

how could this happen- she thought.
she's the only thing I have left.

Her hands tremble, shaking as she folds up the warm and yellowed parchment into her pocket. Her feet carry her across the hall, taking her somewhere she knows not- she doesn't care where she's going, she can't stay here, not out in the great hall.

Her thoughts think over the message portrayed on the parchment. Her deepest worries all written out in one letter.

Your grandmother has been asked to join you know who, y/n dear you know she refused but she had to flee, she had to leave. She informed me yesterday that she was departing. She couldn't tell me where though. I'm sorry but you must stay at Hogwarts for winter break- whatever you do, do not return to your home.

Please stay safe y/n - Harriet

Y/n'a neighbor informed her about her missing grandmother. Y/n couldn't fathom it, she was devastated.

She was already planning on staying at Hogwarts over break, but she didn't want it to be like this- she didn't want to stress everyday, every second until her grandmother showed up again.

If y/n lost her grandmother, she'd have nothing left- except for Neville. She'd have him, she'd always have him.

Neville just woke up- he starts heading down into the great hall for breakfast when a familiar head of hair rushes out of the castle doors, quickly- almost gliding out of the castle. He immediately followed, not a doubt in his mind flowed as he pulled his robes on, not daring to let the cold crisp air puncture the fabric.

Y/n's feet carried her outside, the cold wind violently ripping at her face, whipping her hair around. somewhere near the black lake; A patchy forest with sea shells littering the shockingly green grass.

It was such a strange place, y/n had never seen anything like it, her eyes followed every single strange light in the equally strange forest. Almost seemed like fireflies where floating around the girl, everywhere.

Even in winter the grass was a brilliant green, it was so confusing to her for a few seconds but she accepted it, it made sense in the moment- the moment in which she was ready to give up.

Her shoes gripped the edge of a rock, making a small tap, stopping in her tracks to sit on the strangely warm stone and breathe in the cold air.

It seemed slightly warmer in the park-like area but still freezing. The ground seemed wet and dewy but it wasn't cold on her feet- it was different than the rest of the ground around the castle- it wasn't frozen.

The sun shone on y/n in such a way in which she was warmed- the sunlight was letting her bask in its warmth while hot tears ran down her face, warming her further.

she engulfed herself in reality, her head swarmed with thoughts, bad thoughts; thoughts that it was the end for her- that without her grandmother she'd be dead soon, she had no protection outside of school.

Nevilles eyebrows furrow, focusing on the girl  as he catches up to her; the sun perfectly illuminating her. Her head tilted down as she curled her legs up, tucking them close to her chest. She forgot her robes in the hurry she was in, she must be freezing.

Neville quickly walked up to her, slowly placing a hand on her head as she sobs, letting her know he's there. The care and love of his being overwhelming her, her sobs come to a temporary halt.