𝐈𝐈𝐈

September 12th
Neville skips as he enters the great hall, his feet almost tripping over each other, he's expecting to see his beautiful best friend and her soft features as he enters the big room, he's met with an empty wooden Gryffindor table,

Only empty because y/n isn't there.

He sits himself, the palms of his hands resting on the table top as his legs lazily drape themselves over the bench, his elbows placed on the hard wood as he thinks, thinks as to how he could've scared her away-

did I do something wrong- she seemed like she enjoyed talking to me the past few days. Oh gosh she hates me, shit what did I do.

He continues to over thing as he munches on some overly crunchy toast, enjoying the new fruity jam y/n let him try. His memorizes her reaction to him stealing her toast, he smiles to himself as he remembers her smile, her shocked face, and her touch- he's interrupted.

A very blushed y/n stops at the entrance to the great hall, her hair a tad frizzy, Shes panting, her robes barely thrown on- she fixes them as she walks towards the gryffindor table.

Neville rises to his feet involuntarily, a loos thread meeting a splinter on the bench, the sheer force of him standing up breaks free from the splinter as he stands up- not noticing what he's doing.

The still panting girl makes her way over to him. Hand on her chest as she does, catching her breath as she smiles towards the ground. She pats his shoulder, pushing him down as she does, she sits down next to him, her knees shut together after she sits, pushing the hair out of her face.

"G-good morning everyone- my roommates didn't wake me up, I thought I missed breakfast" she says while chuckling, still breathless.

Neville is beyond excited shes there, happy he wasn't the reason, his face stuck with a closed-mouth smile. His cheeks becoming red, as always.

"Y-y/n- i uh- got some herbology books for you- " Neville exclaims, extremely excited. His eyes lighting up as she listens to him intently. "I-I think you'll like them, they really go into detail on their purposes, one of them in the book can ad-" Neville gets cut off by y/n's owl dropping her weekly letter from her grandmother on her plate, covering it in jam.

Y/n opens it to see her grandmothers clean handwriting.
"It's grandmother, she said she's proud of me for my grades- and she found a niffler in the garden yesterday" y/n says not looking up from the letter. "She's always doing strange things- I hope nothing happened that she isn't telling me, this isn't as informative as usual"

y/n sighs after handing Neville the letter, letting him read the note left for him.

Oh and y/n dear,
tell Neville I said hello.
I do like that boy,
he seems sweet.
-grandmother

Neville blushes after reading the note, handing it back to y/n while chuckling with a bubbly smile.
————————————————————————

The pair finish classes together, they walk back to Neville's dorm to see what herbology books he has for y/n.

After they arrive, they find it vacant and messy, as always, with a single note, from dean:
I told the boys to leave the room because I knew you'd have y/n with you. -dean ;)

DONT HAVE TOO MUCH FUN WITHOUT ME -Seamus

Neville instantly blushes after reading the note, crinkles up the paper, stuffing it into his pocket, hoping y/n doesn't see it.

Neville rushes over to y/n, eyes searching for something as he rummages through a small bookcase on his desk, pulling out four books, all have leather covers, one red, two black and one brown.