01 | only you

' She was my happiness.. She was the reason I strived to exist. But, I can't find her anymore... Where is she? '

Fear of losing someone. It's something everyone feels. They fear losing their family , their friends, their loved ones...
But as for him, he loved her, and only her. She was slipping away from him - he knew that. 

He had committed a bitter, regretful mistake. A mistake that could be easily avoided, but when the deed is done - everything is over.
For him though, it seems that the deity gave him one final chance. 

Tears steadily dripped from his eyes as he gripped her cold, lifeless hand. He yearned so deeply that she would return the gesture, but she didn't. 
Her eyes - he often noted that they were always bright and full of life , even in the darkest of times. But now, they were closed shut, and it seemed like he would never see them again. 
       " (Name)... " Neji softly called out. He pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead, and more tears fell. 
       " I'm sorry.. "
It wasn't enough. A 'sorry' could never be enough. Neji stared at the oxygen mask that covered (Name)'s face, and the wires on her arms.
Her limbs were bandaged, along with her forehead. Neji squirmed when he saw the blood seeping through the bandages. 
To him, (Name) looked so weak, so vulnerable. It was true - if a single wire was disrupted, it marked the end of (Name) Hyuga. 

        ' Death is kind.. It's like a ticket to endless nothingness '

Neji held her tighter, careful not to disturb the wires. 
     " If I were to lose you , I don't know why I'm even still alive. "

Neji and (Name) Hyuga. When Neji announced his engagement with (Name) three years ago, everyone was shocked. 

Well, why would the second in command of HyugaCorps, one of the largest industrial and technology companies in the entire world would want to marry someone with nothing in particular like (Name)? 

Love. It was love.

Neji had everything, except someone he could give his heart. When you keep someone else's heart, it's a wonderful, enjoyable feeling.
But when all you have is your own heart,  it's dull and depressing.

Then again, why did it have to be her? 

When he first lay his eyes on her, Neji felt his heart skip a beat. The world stopped all of a sudden, and his eyes were only on her.

(Name) (Surname), the girl he never knew about before, but rocked his world within the blink of an eye.