02 | hold my hand

Neji could barely have a blink of sleep in that room.
The constant beeping kept him alert, and nothing scared him more than to see a flat line on the heart monitor. 

He kept a sturdy grip on (Name)'s hand, just to remind him that she was still there. 

   " It's alright (Name), just hold my hand. "

' (Name)'s eyes perked up when the elevator doors slid open. 
She never saw anything like this back in the village, and everything was new to her.
There wasn't anyone around, and (Name) was unsure if she was supposed to enter the confined metal box. 
Suddenly, a man with long dark hair walked past  her and entered the elevator. 
She simply stared, cluelessly. 
      " Hey, are you coming in?  Hurry up, " the man said, his lavender eyes full of frustration. 
The girl shivered at the rough tone of his voice. 
Reluctantly, she stepped in. (Name) breathed heavily, biting her lip.
Her grip on the files was so strong that her knuckles started to turn white. 
     " Which floor are you headed to?  "

This time, his voice was a lot softer and less intimidating. 
      " Eleven.. " she uttered slowly.
The doors slowly, and (Name) felt herself being carried upwards.
It was an odd, new experience for her. And it wasn't pleasant.
She swore she felt her stomach churning, and her limbs turned into jelly. 
     " You're not from here, are you? " the lavender eyed man voiced all of a sudden, and it made her jump. 
     (Name) kneeled on the floor, breathing heavily.
The man kneeled down as well, and she caught a glimpse of his name tag - Neji Hyuga.  A Hyuga. 
        " Are you scared?  You're not claustrophobic are you? "
(Name) shook her head, avoiding eye contact.
To her, Neji could be considered a divinity - he practically ran the company she hoped to land a job at.

         His brows furrowed at (Name)'s indifferent manner. Her eyes, however, were full of intense fear. 
     " What's your name?  " Neji asked. 

" (Name) (Surname)."

She gulped, feeling his fingers against her chin. Neji slowly tilted her head upwards, facing him. 
      " Look at me when I'm talking to you, " he huffed. 
Once again, fear flashed in her eyes. 
Neji let out a soft sigh, and pursed his lips. His hand crept to (Name)'s, and he held it gently. 
It felt nice and warm, the way her hand perfectly fitted his. 
       " It's alright (Name) , just hold my hand, "

He could only stare at her, and he began to ponder, upon how he treated her for the past five years. 
     Neji abandoned her, and spent his time around other women. (Name) was heartbroken - he knew that, but to him, satisfying his lust was much more important. 
       Regret - that was the only emotion that he felt.

" Neji, " Itachi called out as he stepped into the room. " I did some investigation about the car crash, and I did find some things out of ordinary."

Neji quickly stood up and headed towards Itachi. " Here,  take a look, " he said, passing the investigation file.  
Neji went through the file, eyes widening at certain parts.
       " The brakes and engine was tampered with," he sighed. " The car crash was on purpose. Someone attempted to kill her.. " 

Neji glanced at his wife, cold and lifeless.
     " Who do you think did it?  Did she have any enemies? " Itachi asked.

Neji shook his head. Maybe some did dislike her, but having someone trying to kill her, it was way too far.
    " We'll run more investigations,  and with luck,  we'll get to it. And Neji, I suggest you tighten the security wherever she is. "