15 | saviour

" N-Neji, is this the place of the event? " (Name) stuttered, her eyes trailing over the humongous hotel that stood in front of her.
It probably could fit people from the entire country, and she wasn't exaggerating. 
    " Yeah. We had to find a suitable venue, as not only the employees will be here, but also partners, investors and merger companies. Ah, the Hokage will be here too, " Neji replied as he linked his arm with (Name)'s. 
     " There's gonna be a lot of people there. I told you that bringing me isn't a good idea! " (Name) protested, wanting to toss away her Manolo Blahnik heels and run away barefooted on the cold asphalt.

   " But I also told you that everything will be fine as long as you're with me. So, don't be afraid, " Neji soothed. " This isn't the MET Gala or anything, but due to popular demands, there is a red carpet and reporters at the entrance. Just smile at the camera, okay? It'll be fine, " he said with a gentle smile.
Swallowing the lump in her throat, (Name) glanced at the reflection on a pocket mirror, and fixed her hair, which was held in a beautiful French braid. She made sure that there were no wrinkles on her dress, and that the accessories that she wore were not out of place.

    " Ready? "

    " Hell yeah."

(Name) and Neji stepped out of the limousine, and immediately, the flashlights of the cameras began to fill her sight.

    " Just smile, (Name), " Neji spoke, but she could barely hear him from the constant click click click sound of the cameras. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, and breathed deeply.
When she re-opened her eyes, those (e/c) orbs flashed with confidence, and she threw elegant smiles at the camera, and the reporters were quick to snap several shots.

    " That was quite a hassle, wasn't it? " Neji asked, a goofy grin plastered on his face. (Name) nodded with a chuckle. " It's not that bad. It made me feel like a celebrity. I could get used to that. "

Neji laughed as he tightened his hold on (Name)'s hand. " Well, there's one more hassle. Do you know Disney's Cinderella, and there's a scene where someone announces your name out loud upon arrival? "

    " Uh-huh."

    " Well, this is somewhat like it. Get ready to be in the spotlight. "

   " Announcing the arrival of Hyuga Neji-sama and (Name)-sama! " the announcer boomed as they strolled inside the hall where the event was being held.
Immediately, almost everyone turned their heads to Neji and (Name)'s direction. 

Neji gave the crowd a curt wave, and (Name) mimicked his actions, her smile still bright and vibrant. Their arms were linked, just like in the olden days, and they descended down the marble staircase gracefully. 

(Name) felt as if she was a princess, and Neji was her prince.
The joy overwhelmed her, and she didn't even hear the unkind murmurs that were spreading across the room. Ignorance, is absolutely blissful. 

   ' Ugh.. What the hell happened last night? ' (Name) thought as she rolled off her bed, her head throbbing painfully. 
She tossed away the thick covers, and strolled outside the room, into the kitchen.

She noticed a small pot on the stove, and a little sticky note was stuck on it.

    ' Reheat before consuming - N. '

Frowning, she took off the lid, and immediately, she was bombarded by a delicious scent of vegetable soup. She turned on the stove and let the soup reheat, and put a batch of rice inside the ricecooker.
As she waited for her meal to be ready, she heard her phone ringing from inside her room.
(Name) sprinted towards her room, and frantically searched for her phone which was hidden by the covers. Finally retrieving her phone, she glanced at the screen, which showed Neji in bold letters.