05 | a love worth remembering

(Name) woke up the next morning, her head throbbing painfully. Her sight was rather blurry, but she could still make out the silhouettes of the furnitures scattered around the room. 
    " Are you awake, (Name)? " the very familiar voice said.

   " You.. Don't remember me? I'm your husband , Neji."

" It's not funny (Name).. I know I wronged you.. But please don't do this. Please don't do this to me (Name).."

   " (Name).. I'm sorry.. I was awful to you. I broke my promise. I'm so sorry. I truly am (Name).. I promise I won't leave you again, so please don't do this.. Please.. " 

(Name) quickly shut her eyes and snuggled into the bed, pretending to be asleep.
   ' Please go away.. Please go away you creepy yet handsome weirdo..'

   ' What?! Did I just say handsome? I meant gross, super gross -and repulsive.. Disgusting.. '

" I know you're awake, (Name), " Neji exclaimed, sitting on the chair by her bed. (Name)'s heart started to beat rapidly, and she began to sweat after being at such a close proximity with Neji. 

    " Are you alright (Name)? Your face looks so.. Red. And you're sweating heavily.. Maybe you have a fever, " he said as he pressed his hand against her forehead, and moved on to her cheeks.

    ' Just go away.. Please ..' 

After moments that felt like forever, Neji finally retracted his hand, and she could hear him stand up and walk away. 
    ' Thank god.. Phew..'

(Name) opened her eyes, and she instantly saw Neji's face.
    " Gah!" she bursted out of shock, quickly backing away. 

Neji let out a soft chuckle when he saw her behaviour, and a gentle smile decorated his features. 

   " Good morning, (Name), " he spoke, inching closer to her. 

    " Ah good morning to you too, " she replied, giving him a forced smile. However, Neji moved closer to her, and his face was now right in front of hers. 

      For a brief moment, (Name) seriously thought he was going to kiss her. 

    " I was going to ask, aren't you hungry? " he inquired. 

   ' What on earth.. What kind of guy does that and asks if I'm hungry?  What the hell is wrong with this dude?! '

      " Huh?" Despite all the rants and protests her consciousness made, all she muster as a response was a far from intelligent ' huh '.

      " You haven't eaten for a month (Name)," Neji implied. 

      " No.. I'm not really hungry, " she responded. ' I'm not going to appear weak in front of this weird but handsome dude! '

A second later, her stomach started to rumble loudly, and it continued for at least two minutes. 

" I'll ask the nurse to bring in the food, "Neji said in an understanding manner, before pressing the intercom. 

Five minutes later, a nurse came in with a tray of food. She set it on the table by the bed, and briskly left the room. 

Immediately, (Name)'s stomach to rumble again. She wanted to gobble up all the food in a single mouthful, but then she glanced at her bandaged arms. 
Apparently she was unable to lift both hands, and one of them was severely broken in the wrist area, and the other was badly fractured.

   " It's alright, (Name). I'll help you, " Neji said as he picked up the tray. He assisted (Name) to sit up, piling several pillows behind her so she could sleep upright.
After that, he tied (Name)'s (h/c) hair into a loose ponytail, as it was flying everywhere in a wispy manner.