A Clever Trap(Lucigast)

"Fuck...Fuck," Lucien swore as he laid on his back, his teammates sprawled around him. He pushed himself from the ground to see Cree pulling herself up as well. Tyffial, Zoran, and Otis laid in unmoving heaps amongst the broken ground. That wasn't ideal, but he'd manage without them.

Lucien turned at the sound of approaching footsteps. The Mighty Nein stepped into view and Lucien's frustration swelled. Of course they'd continue to be a problem. He was Naive to think they wouldn't catch up. However, being ahead of him in the entrance only he was supposed to know about. That was surprising and irritating.

"That's a real dickish thing to do" Lucien growled, glancing at his still unmoving members. "I'm impressed."

His eyes scanned over the group only to stop at a familiar purple skinned figure.

"Ah, I see you brought the drow," His tone was sharp and laced with jealousy. Who was this man to them? To Caleb?

Caleb stepped in closer, his hands clenched at the mention of the drow.

Beau stepped up and threw something in his direction, causing the tiefling to flinch.

The small device burst, throwing millions of star like particles into the air. It illuminated the space around them, all except his anti-magic field.

"Clever," He sneered more to himself.

He turned to face the cone towards the Nein, his eyes boring into the drow as he stepped back. Lucien wanted nothing more than to kill him, but he had priorities and the Nein were clearly prepared.

"Well, this really fucks up my plans a bit, but well played. I cannot lie. Well played. Cree, take care of this," Lucien spoke to the tabaxi, his eyes not leaving the only non-member of the Nein. He hated how jealous he was.

Fjord ran forward and just at the edge of the anti-magic cone, blinked out of existence before appearing next to a still fallen Zoran.

With a quick swipe and a gurgle from Zoran's throat, Lucien knew that he wasn't long for this world.

Fjord then thrust his sword into the throat of Zoran and gave a sharp twist. "There's no getting out of this fight my friend," his tone was sharp, and he didn't look away from Lucien as he plunged his sword into his comrade.

"Now that was uncalled for. I guess there's only one thing left to do," Lucien turned his cone then, allowing Cree to make her way next to Lucien and with a quick whoosh of her cloak, they were gone.

Lucien found his footing again deeper into the ruins of Aeor.

He heard the shouts of the Nein behind him and he reached out to Caleb and Beau, "I'm not going to lie, that was inspired, well thought out. More than I expected. You're brave. But you've also shown to be more of a thorn in my side than I ever gave you credit for. That's not going to fly. But I'm excited for you to see my handiwork soon enough," he then turned his attention to the tunnel they were on the other side of. He closed his eyes, and the tunnel began to cave in.

He reached out once again to the monk and the wizard, "I'm just putting a bit of space between us; you understand. I've got important work to do. But please, come along. Hate for no one to see the product of our hard work."

After a moment of silence, he reached out again this time only to the wizard, "And Caleb, please bring your boyfriend along, I'd hate for him to miss the show. I wasn't looking forward to hunting him down. You've made my job much easier. See you soon."

-

Caleb tensed along with Beau as Lucien's voice pierced through their minds. They're eyes met, neither one responding to the sadistic asshole.

Lucien's voice sounded in Caleb's head again, and he could tell that it was only in his by the way Beau turned to Yasha in quiet conversation.

"Bring your boyfriend along, I'd hate for him to miss the show."

Caleb's eyes darted to Essek who was looking at the newly collapsed tunnel with Fjord.

"I wasn't looking forward to hunting him down. You've made my job much easier. See you soon."

Caleb swallowed hard, his eyes not leaving the drow. He wondered if he and Essek would ever not be a danger to each other.

Perhaps, in time.

-

Hours later Lucien watched as Cree curled up to rest for the night. He waited until she was asleep before reaching out to Beau and Caleb again, "Your friends are peeking. You are wily bastards. Continuing to stick my sides like a thorn in my drawers. Clever, but, well, not enough. I have to respect it. I'm not here to kill you. Yet," He laughed, "I'm here to open a door, to take my reign. Long may it be. You're welcome to watch. If you can keep up. There's so much."

He let silence linger for a moment to see if they would respond. They didn't.

He reached out to Caleb once more, "Your drow friend, does he know the affection you carry for me?"

This earned a response, "I carry no affection for you." Caleb's voice rang in his mind.

"That can't be true. I remind you of him, the speck you can't let go. I'm the closest thing you'll ever have to him. But I'm better, stronger...alive."

Lucien smiled to himself, despite the silence. He made his point, and he got the reaction he was wanting.

-

Caleb laid next to his friends in the dome, tense. He hated when parts of Molly leaked through.

"I'm your god, long may I reign," Molly's charming smile pierced Caleb's memories.

"Don't let him get to you," Beau spoke into his mind, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"He taunts me," Caleb responded, "Threatens Essek."

"He speaks to just you?" It was strange how surprise could be expressed through thought.

"Only a few times."

"It's because he knows he can get to you. Don't let him," Beau urged again.

Caleb closed his eyes, trying to do as Beau said. It was easier said than done, however, especially when the nightmares came.

*AN*
A continuation of the one shots I've been writing. I know this is super late, but I've been so busy I haven't had time to write this. I plan to do a couple more. Enjoy!