Tended to daily(Lucigast/Shadowgast)

Lucien leaned against a large tree on the edge of the grove as he pretended not to be listening to the whispers of the Nein.

"Are you sure we shouldn't kill him?" Veth asked, glaring over at the purple tiefling.

"I know that you don't trust him, but he deserves a second chance," Caleb sighed.

"Says who?" Veth demanded, crossing her arms.

"Is it fair that I am granted a second chance and not Lucien? Is it fair that Essek be granted a second chance yet Lucien not?"

"You didn't kill Lucien," Veth objected, tossing another glare at the tiefling.

"I have killed many people, Veth, you know this," Caleb frowned down at his friend.

"Yeah yeah," Veth waved a dismissive hand.

"Could we...I dunno...fix him?" Yasha gave an unsure shrug.

"Can he be fixed?" Beau looked to Caduceus.

"Well sure, I mean, with the right people anyone can change. The problem with change is that they have to want it. Otherwise, you'll be met with a resistance that you can't crumble," Caduceus nodded. He pointed at a bundle of tiny vibrant blue flowers. "When my father planted this in the grove, it was barely a sprig. But he tended to the plant daily. Making sure it flourished. Now look around you," he gestured around the grove.

Lucien scanned the garden to see the tiny blue flower bundles littering the many graves scattered about.

"The plant did so well he was able to pluck from it and spread it around."

"Are you saying we should scatter Lucien around the grove?" Veth asked.

This made Lucien snort a laugh. He had a feeling he would have gotten along with Veth under different circumstances.

"I'm saying maybe he just needs to be tended to daily."

Fjord tilted his head, "I know that look Caduceus. What are you thinking?"

All eyes fell the firbolg who wore a lopsided grin.

"I have no desire to leave home for a while. I know you all have plans. Beau and Caleb in the empire taking down the assembly. Fjord and Jester finding Vandren. Veth, you have a family waiting on you. Yasha and Essek I'm guessing will go where Beau and Caleb do."

Lucien fought the mixed feelings that swirled in his chest. Jealousy at Essek for getting to be with Caleb and relief that Essek would be there to look after him.

"You want to leave Lucien here with you and your family?" Beau raised her brows in surprise.

"It's what me and my family do best. We help people get through their loses. Lucien has lost a lot. Perhaps with a little tending to, he too will flourish."

Lucien rolled his eyes, pushing off the tree. "So, you want me to be your little project," he sneered as he neared the group.

"It's either that or we kill you," Beau crossed her arms.

Lucien waited for one of the others to assure him that wasn't the plan, but no one said anything.

Lucien's shoulders slumped. "Looks like I don't have a choice then."

"Oh perfect. We'll come visit lots, I promise. And I'll be sure to bring lots of pastries," Jester clapped her hands together.

"We'll come visit when we can too," Yasha agreed.

"Yeah, sure," Beau nodded, less than enthused.

Caleb walked over and placed a hand on Lucien's shoulder, "I know this is not your idea of fun, but the Clays are wonderful. And I believe that in time, we can become good friends."