Flushed(Doriax)

Dorian is excited to be a part of this pageant. He can practically hear his mother's disapproving scoff at the idea, but he's having fun. He always has fun with this crazy group he found himself amongst. He's currently wearing a large grin as he watched Dariax sneak forward, no doubt about to do something mischievous.

Sure enough the dwarf makes a hand gesture and mutters something Dorian can't hear from where he is. However, what he does hear is the sound of a fart noise emanating from the stage where Lisle is giving her answer.

Dariax gives a giggle which only makes Dorian smile wider. He watches as the woman shakes it off and continues talking.

Dariax does it again before turning to Opal, "I got your back, Opal, I got you."

Something warm furls in Dorian's chest. No matter what Dariax always has their back. He'll jump into the fray without a moment's hesitation. It's one of the things Dorian likes so much about Dariax.

Dorian watches as Opal reaches out and grabs Dariax by the face and plants a kiss right on his lips.

Dorian's smile falters as the warm furl turns cold. He tries to smooth the frown that's taken up residency on his face, but the flush on Dariax's cheeks makes it difficult.

He turns, reaching for a glass of water to distract him. He's thankful that Fearne gets called onto stage next. He can concentrate on her, she's always entertaining.

Dorian doesn't even notice that Dariax had approached him.

"Did you see what I did to Lisle?" Dariax asked proudly, a wide grin on his face.

Dorian can't help the smile that tugs at his own features, "Yes, that was a good one."

"Thanks. I thought so too. She's a real bitch," Dariax turned to watch Fearne.

"Yeah," Dorian agreed, his eyes unable to leave the dwarf. There was something about him, but Dorian couldn't place it, something that warmed him.

-

Dorian walks off stage, a rush or adrenaline at the response. He rather liked his outfit, and it seems the crowd did too.

"Thank you for that, Opal, I've always wanted to do that. Something like that," he smiled at his friend.

"Wow, you're hot," Opal praised.

"What a great outfit," Fearne added.

Dorian smiled, "Thank you."

"It's so sheer," Fearne eyed his outfit as she spoke.

Dorian felt himself grow shy, "I know, I just-" he trailed off.

"Hot," Dariax nodded, his eyes trailing over Dorian.

Dorian dipped his head as a blush surfaced on his cheeks. He ducked away to grab his cloak, putting it back on. He found he didn't know how to handle being under the scrutinizing gaze of Dariax.

He's relieved when the Dwarf's attention is turned back to the stage.

The relief is short lived, however, as Cinna takes the stage, catching Dariax's eyes.

"Oy, Tin-Tin, I'll see you later on," She winked with a sly grin.

Dorian can't help the cold furl that once again takes up residency within his stomach.

"Are we meeting up with her later?" Dariax blinked, looking at Fearn, Opal, and Dorian.

Opal leaned over toward Dariax, "It might just be you."

"Okay," Dariax nods easily.

Dorian can't decide if Dariax understands the Dwarven woman's intentions, but the cold furl doesn't relent regardless.