24

The blueprints on the finely polished table took up most of the space, that the wood underneath could barely be seen. It was safe to say from the look Logan sent in Hank's direction, he was confused as to how Hank had blueprints of the Pentagon. Hank just smiled sheepishly and readjusted his glasses while Lola stood beside him with a hand to her chin. She could see the many layers, the different storeys and just what they were labelled as and were used for. The basement especially was a cause for most of their attentions, considering that was seemingly where Erik was being kept.

"The room dates back to the Second World War when there was a shortage of steel. So the foundation is pure concrete and sand, there's no metal." Hank said while picking up another blueprint and turning it, he unfurled it as he did so to show a better look at the layout of the basement.

"Sounds comfortable." Was Lola's statement as she leaned her hands against the table and frowned softly. She didn't know anything about Erik, only from the brief information Hank gave her and that was minimal. "Metal is bad?" She asked, flicking her eyes up to see the almost dire expressions lingering in everyone else's eyes.

"Metal is very bad," Logan saw fit to answer with a bitter tone while uncrossing his arms and putting his hands in his back pockets. Lola just raised an eyebrow and nodded, she was taking his word for it there. It was clear the man had a past, as confusing as that was considering things, but a bad past with Erik and metal. Lola wasn't going to ask, she just nodded and noted that metal was bad.

"He's being held a hundred floors beneath the most heavily guarded building on the planet. How do we get to him?" Charles mused from the side, he hadn't ventured too near to the blueprints, as if actually looking upon them would truly cement the fact that this was all happening. They were really standing here devising a plan to get Erik out of his prison. Prison break from the Pentagon was something that never crossed Charles's mind, but it seemed today was full of moments like that.

"This is your plan, not mine." Logan unhelpfully came out with as he frowned lightly. He would help, of course. But for the most part, he didn't know how to break into the Pentagon, not without being obvious. Clearly none of them wanted that. But it wasn't like breaking Erik out wouldn't cause a fuss.

Lola frowned, she didn't appreciate the sudden lack of aid shown by Logan. He caught her look and raised an eyebrow her way. "You bought this to us, Logan. So it is your plan too. Everyone is getting involved in this, including you." Lola sighed and fidgeted from foot to foot while leaning away from the table. They were all blissfully existing here in the manor, none the wiser to any oncoming problems for the future, then Logan came along. Lola wasn't one for letting him shirk now.

"Well, we don't have any real resources of getting in. This is on a whole new playing field in comparison to well, anything else we've done before." Hank said from beside Lola, she glanced his way and listened to him intently. Charles nodded slowly, going after Shaw was...intense. Hard, but they had all managed and worked together, no matter the outcome. Lola was in the dark there, though her own life experiences could make up for whatever hardships was coming for this plan. Logan took that as a subtle way of Hank saying they were pretty much screwed.

"We have no way in, and no way out. It's just us four." Charles rubbed his chin in thought as the other three looked his way. They sort of all knew that already, not sure why Charles felt the need to state it verbally. Yet again, maybe to reaffirm this is really happening. He wasn't sure how he felt about Erik, or rather seeing Erik again after so many years.

"I know a guy. Yeah, he'd be a young man now, grew up outside of D.C." Logan said after a few moments of awkward silence passed by the group. His words had everyone looking curiously at him. Logan couldn't help but chuckle though, the irony of who he was speaking of didn't get missed by him at least. He wasn't sure everyone else would get it, or they would, but he kept Peter's origins to himself for now. It wasn't his deal to confess all. "He could get into anywhere. Just don't know how the hell we're gonna find him."