10

Needless to say, when Charles next saw Lola, he honestly had to pause as she bounded about happily. He looked around sceptically, for all he knew, she had spent most of the day helping Hank with the renovating. Charles had to inhale sharply as he watched as she pottered about the kitchen. With a smile, he finally moved forwards, "Someone's happy." He stated, Lola jumped. She had been more or less from his point of view, climbing into the fridge. Not literally, but rather hunting for a drink.

"Hello, Charles." She greeted with a wave, her other hand rubbed at her head where she'd bumped it. Honestly, she wasn't expecting anyone to be around. The manor was so large, half the time from what she could gather, everyone had their own little places which they hung out.

Charles paused at the table and looked at her with a smile, "So?"

"So?"

"What's got you so chirpy?" Charles asked, he wasn't usually this nosey. But generally, if her possible happiness stemmed from Hank, then he wanted to know. The endless lectures to that boy were becoming a little tiresome. And the fact that he finally bothered with someone outside the manor was a major thing. Even if Lola more inflicted her company on him, than the other way around. The fact that it was possible girl attention was something else entirely. Charles had ignored jibes from Erik about Hank and Raven, he didn't want to think of his sister and his good friend together; not saying because Lola was someone relatively unknown it made it any better, but, Charles supposed what he was trying to get at was, everyone needed someone.

Lola sat down with a glass of juice and looked at him sceptically, "What makes you think there's something, hm?" Narrowing her eyes, she looked Charles up and down before sipping at the glass.

"You know I could just find out for myself?"

"You wouldn't?" Lola's eyes widened considerably as Charles leaned against his palm, two fingers stretching up to his temple. "Charles!"

"Of course I wouldn't. That is rude, and unfair. Rest assured, Lola, I won't read your mind while you are here. Not unless I believe I am needing to, do you understand?" Charles asked quietly while watching as she twirled the glass around in her hands.

She pouted, and nodded. "Is that if something bad happens, and you think I may be involved?"

"Yes." Charles said firmly. "But," he said in a lighter tone, she looked up at him. Charles smiled, "I am rather certain that nothing of the sort will occur." He got nothing but calm, friendly vibes from Lola. Everyone had the ability to do bad, if pushed to the point of needing to, but Charles ultimately got nothing of the sort from Lola. Wasn't to say she couldn't be a force to be reckoned with if a moment appeared.

"Hank."

"Ah," Charles said while leaning back in his wheelchair. He was glad Lola eventually answered his earlier question, after everything.

Lola side-eyed Charles before drinking some of her drink. "He's blue."

Charles's eyes widened, well, he wasn't expecting that. Truthfully, considering how Hank first reacted to his accident, he wasn't exactly expecting him to be totally forthcoming. Even to Lola. She may have had this aura of just calm, and acceptance, but even so, some may still be sceptical. And Hank was as sceptical as it came. Probably the scientist in him which made him like that, Charles mused. "Well that's unexpected."

Lola frowned, "You didn't know?"

"What? Oh, no! No, I knew," Charles laughed awkwardly.

"You...you don't think he would've told me?" Lola asked uncertainly, Charles looked at her sadly. She straightened up in her chair and looked about with a small frown. She bit her lip and nodded before scooting backwards and standing. "I know I am new here, and that I'm not as well known to you as you are to each other...but aren't I trustworthy?"