01

The manor was anything but welcoming when it came to returning back to it. The large building just looked so large, and empty. It had only really been a day or two since anyone last stepped foot into it; in fact to Hank's calculations, it was exactly seventy-two hours. He looked away from the watch on his wrist to the man beside him, Charles looked a little disgruntled by being back here. Though he wanted nothing more than to be home, he clearly wished that his home was still filled with his friends, and family. Alex and Sean were still present, and even Moira was back here just to finish up on some report, or something. Honestly, Hank didn't know why she was hanging around still. Probably just checking that they got back here all in one piece, as if they'd seemingly fall apart once they'd left the CIA supported building they were previously in.

The events which had transpired on that remote sandy beach had left them injured, some more than others, and they needed checking over. Though, sure, the medical staff seemed to know exactly what to do where Charles was involved, but when it came to Hank, they seemed clueless. He wasn't hurt, not like Charles, but the few scrapes and cuts he did have were easily treated. He did it himself, no one seemed to wish to come near in clear signs of expecting some form of retaliation. He couldn't help to have let out a short sigh at that, was he really that bad looking?

Alex and Sean were in the room with him, they were all kept to one side in an unused treatment room. No one came in to see them, no one kept them updated with how Charles was, there was nothing. It had been like this until they saw fit to release them, and allow them to return home.

Only, home now didn't feel very homely. Only Erik and Raven were missing from the team, but even still. Both of their characters were so dominating in their own little ways, that it really took a toll, more so on others. Mainly Charles, he had lost his sister; his oldest friend since being a small boy, the unlikely best friend, and from everything he was now left wheeling himself around the empty corridors looking about with a distant look. Perhaps coming back here wasn't such a good idea.

Looking to Alex and Sean, Hank could safely say that much like them, he didn't exactly have anywhere else to be. The three stood and watched as he retreated down the corridor, Moira trailing behind him silently. With a sigh, Alex threw his hands in the air and looked at them both. "It wasn't meant to be like this," he said shortly with a frown.

"I couldn't see Erik hanging around for longer than needed." Hank said after a few silent seconds of thinking. He couldn't help but sound somewhat scornful and irritated; if anyone was going to screw everything up, it had to be Erik, typically. Not saying that Hank didn't trust him, he just didn't trust him as far as he could throw him, and Hank was strong enough to do that.

"And Raven?" Sean asked with a look sent each way at them. This caused Alex to frown more, and for Hank to look sadly down at the floor. His yellow eyes followed the grain of the wood as his heart slightly lurched and twisted. He would be completely lying if he didn't admit that he had become somewhat attached to the blue skinned girl in the blonde disguise. They were so similar it was slightly ridiculous, but unlike Raven, Hank could not simply walk away from Charles for the sake of some self exploratory, warped, holier than thou mission to stick it to the humans. Or whatever the hell Erik had in plan, even Hank knew it was nothing good. That man wouldn't be happy until the whole world was probably destroyed and on fire around him.

Hank shook his head, the less thought of them two right now the better. "I suppose even she was to move on eventually. Can't stay around here forever, I guess." Hank mused with a shrug, he raised an eyebrow when there was a scoff. Clearly Sean didn't agree, or did, Hank wasn't certain what that noise signified. Looking up when Charles and Moira reappeared, they simply moved out of the way of the door and watched them leave. Exchanging looks they parted ways, Alex and Sean seemed to have it in mind to go to the kitchen, and Hank returned to his room. It was still very much trashed from where he smashed the majority of it up when the serum kicked into his system.