2. Phoebe and Joey, not Ross and Rachel

2

Harry paced around in front of the cafe waiting for Louis to get there.

"Ok Harry, it's ok, you both looked like complete and proper idiots, it can only get better," Harry mumbled to himself as he turned to pace back.

"We both looked like idiots? Pretty sure I looked worse than you babes." Louis chuckled and Harry felt his cheeks redden.

"Oh god, you heard all that? I'm sorry I didn't see you there that's totally awkward random," Harry rambled as he made his way over to Louis, but before he could get there he tripped over the uneven pavement and fell directly into Louis's arms.

"Well, at least I fell for you in one way." Harry laughed before slamming his eyes shut, "I cannot believe I just said that. I shouldn't be allowed to speak. Ever."

Louis laughed in response gripping Harry's biceps tightly to steady them both.

There was an uncomfortable silence before Louis cleared his throat, "Right, so tea? Coffee?"

Harry nodded, holding the door open for Louis.

He may be a bumbling idiot, but he was a bumbling idiot with manners. His mother raised him well.

After an intense look at the menu, Harry decided a mocha with extra whipped cream was the way to go, it was raining and it sounded like the best way to warm up both physically and emotionally.

Louis ordered himself a tea and they found a table with a nice view of the park across the street, it was autumn and the trees were just starting to change color, creating a beautiful rainbow of reds, oranges, and yellows scattered haphazardly across the trees.

They sat in further uncomfortable silence before Harry heard their names being called. In an effort to be chivalrous he ran over to the counter to pick up their drinks and carefully made his way back to their table.

He didn't realize the chairs were secured to the floor and tripped over the foot of the chair as he tried to sit down, but was luckily able to save himself and the tea and mocha from spilling, preventing further embarrassment.

"Nice" Harry remarked to himself with a smile as he steadied himself at the table, taking a long victory gulp of his mocha.

Unfortunately in his celebration, Harry had forgotten that he had just ordered a hot drink, which resulted in him scorching his tongue and spitting mocha out everywhere.

Not all over himself, no the universe hated him too much for that, instead, he was faced with a surprisingly calm, but soggy nonetheless, Louis.

"Oh my God, Louis, I'm so sorry, I didn't - I forgot that I ordered a hot - I'm a fucking idiot Lou, I'm sorry." Harry rushed feeling all the blood in his body rush to his face.

"Haz, don't worry about it yeah? I have 6 younger siblings, I'm used to things being spit up on me. Let's just call it even for the high-fiving incident yesterday ok?" Louis laughed shaking excess mocha off his hands.

The rest of the cafe "date" went by rather uneventfully, they discussed their majors - both psychology - and other interests they shared, which aside from singing, playing guitar, and a little bit of piano, seemed to be few and far between.

Their awkwardness remained but was lessened by the fact that they both had grown used to the perpetual cringe that followed them around, what didn't change was their lack of spark, their lack of chemistry, Harry was confident in the fact that he and Louis could still be great friends, but not "dramatic love declaration and kissing in the rain" kind of soulmates. That just wasn't in the cards for them.