10. Valentine's Day

this is a fun one...enjoy ;) 

10

Ah, Valentine's Day. 

The day where everyone gets to express their love for the important people in their life. A day filled with love and adoration and just goodness. 

It made Louis want to vomit. 

He thought the first Valentine's Day after matching would be magical, a day filled with love and kisses, a day that would leave his heart feeling so full he thought it was going to explode. 

He wasn't going to get that with Harry, but no matter, Harry was in the same boat and he was going to make the best of it. 

And by the best of it, Louis meant he was going to make an absolute joke out of it, he knew Harry felt similarly and was excited for their night. 

They had talked about it and both intended to make the night as terribly awkward and tacky as humanly possible. 

Louis had stopped at every florist shop and grocery store looking for the perfect oversized bouquet for Harry, if they were doing tacky Valentine's Day, he was going all out. 

The only issue was they actually had to go out for dinner. He was hoping they could avoid that tradition but they hadn't made the plans when he promised Zayn and Liam they could have the suite for an hour or two for a romantic dinner. 

He had made a reservation at a restaurant around the corner, nothing too fancy or romantic, but a common enough date spot that reservations on Valentine's Day seemed like a good idea. 

While Louis was out shopping for his bouquet, Harry was making his way through the shops looking for the largest possible stuffed creature he could find. So far, he was turning up empty unable to find any that weren't holding hearts with loving messages on them. 

He decided he would head to a store he knew had an Easter section out already, figuring he could find a large bunny or something. 

Unfortunately, all they had were terrifyingly large chickens with wide eyes and a neon orange beak. Knowing that it was likely the best he would find, Harry sighed and pulled the giant chicken from the shelf making his way towards the checkout. 

It was then he saw Louis making his way through the floral section of the store. Squinting and scrunching his nose at bouquets as he walked by. He wanted to walk over to the boy and make some snarky comment about waiting until the day before to buy Harry something, but waiting that long for flowers made sense, and Harry wasn't exactly innocent in that department either. 

Harry hid behind the giant chicken as Louis spun around making his way towards another display case, finally picking up a beautiful bouquet of various color roses, pulling the cardboard hearts out, arranging them into a neighboring bouquet. 

Harry laughed at the gesture, glad Louis had noticed they were there. Harry realized he was standing in the middle of an aisle holding a giant stuffed chicken staring like a creep at his friend across the way. Clearing his throat as a mother with her children tried not to stare at the scene unfolding in front of her. 

"Don't worry he's my soulmate," Harry explained, "we're not romantically involved though," Harry explained, the mother nodding politely before ushering her kids away from the crazy man in aisle 4. 

Harry paid and made it out of the store without any run-ins with Louis, now he just needed a place to hid a giant stuffed chicken overnight. 

Hiding the bird didn't pose as much of an issue as Harry thought, for two people who spent as much time together as Harry and Louis, Louis rarely if ever spent time in Harry's dorm room.