Album: A Night At The Opera

It is one of the best albums Queen have ever made. Personally my favourite is The Works but it is a close second.

Opening with Death on two legs (dedicated to...) was such an amazing was fo start. Saying it's about the old managers it's an amazing opening to the album. 'Now you can kiss my ass goodbye' gets me every time.

Then we go into Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon which is daft as it is. When Freddie put on that really British accent it made me laugh so much. Freddie just as this talent about him that made him not fear trying anything.

Then there's my personal favourite off the album I'm in love with my car. The story goes Roger wrote it about one of their roadies but no one thinks that, as Roger is a cat fanatic himself. Rogers vocals on it were that good they couldn't not include the song. The other story behind that song is when Roger fought for it to be the B side of Bohemian Rhapsody Freddie would let him so Roger locked himself in a cupboard and wouldn't come out, I the end Freddie said yes.

Then we have you're my best friend which shows the soft side of our dead Deaky (John Deacon). He actually wrote it about his wife and they relationship but you shouldn't think that now. Freddies vocals are just as outstanding as ever and I love the song.

Then we have one of my favourite Brian May songs, 39. I'm still not sure what it's about but like everyone else I have my interpretations. I feel like it's about discovering another country and generations later they find out through the messages in the sand, but I could be completely wrong. Brian's voice was so soft and pure for the song, as live versions where Freddie sings it just sounds wrong to me. I love when people say they thought the lyrics were 'Roger lives in the sand' instead of 'Write you letters in the sand'.

Then we have Sweet Lady which honestly I don't know what Brian was thinking about when he wrote something about cheese. That scene in Boh Rhap explained that very well, we will leave it up to Ben and Gwil with that one.

But then we have Freddies marvellous piece Seaside Rondevouz. But seriously Fred, what? It's quirky and something you would find at a beach in the 1930s. The middle section I love so much. It's a jazz interlude sing vocally by Freddie and Roger. I can't believe they actually did it. Then the ending when Fred goes 'give us a kiss' reminds me so much of the scene in A Hard Days Night in the train when John Lennon turned to that random guy and goes 'give us a kiss' and he just looks so disgusted.

We don't talk about A Prophets Song. Brian went completely nuts when he wrote that. It's even longer then BohRhap with some weird things in the middle. They almost didn't allow BohRhap to be released what about Brian's piece?

Then Freddies wonderful song Love Of My Life. Every time I listen to it I can just picture Freddie and Mary together and the fun they must of had. I love the acoustic feel to it and the fact it's just Freddie and Brian.

Then we have Good Company which in truth I haven't listened to enough to really comment on. Brian good job, great vocals as always. I feel it's a mix between 39 and Seaside Rondevouz slightly.

Then the masterpiece itself Bohemian Rhapsody. No words but wow. I remember listening to it for the first time and thinking how bad it is. But then it grew on me and now I love it. It started off as 3 songs which Freddie mushed together into one. People try and figure out what the lyrics mean but for me, I don't care. Its the most wonderful thing you will ever hear. The piano Freddie used for the song Paul McCartney used for Hey Jude (apparently). But the fact they almost didn't realise it because it's 5:55 seconds long. But Kenny Everett being the legend he was played it in his radio station and people actually listened to it. (Only a friend of Freddies would play it, RIP Kenny)

Then it ends with Brian's nice rendition of God Save The Queen. After BohRhap before it suits that spot very well. Brian's arrangement is amazing and the fact it's just guitar makes it even more amazing. I just want singing on it to top it off.

Overall brilliant album, love it.