↺:10

10 / CAROLINE

10 / CAROLINE

Ayden

"AMELIA!" I called, running after her, and boy could she run fast.

The streets were dark, the only source of light being the street lights. I was afraid of losing Amelia so I picked up my pace.

"Amelia!" I finally caught up to her when she slowed down. We came to a stop at the front of the community park. She said something about being a member of the athletics team in her high school, she as hell wasn't lying.

"Amelia, I'm so sorry," I begged, trying not to pant aloud. Be strong Ayden.

She but her lips trying to stop the tears from falling, "How could you do this to me? You made me look and feel like a bloody fool!" she yelled, unable to hold back the tears as it fell uncontrollably.

"I didnt mean to hurt you like this, and the guy at the party–"

"So this is how you use girls; like rags, right?" she cut me short abruptly, her once sad eyes now holding anger and betrayal.

I shook my head, "No I could never, that guy–"

"Shut the fuck up, Ayden! You keep blaming the guy for your mistakes; what did he ever do to you?"

I stood wide eyed, her question hitting hard.

What did Jason ever do to me?

Competition was the most consistent thing in my life; whether it was on the court playing against another team or in the house playing video games with my friends. Although winning was something that I experienced often, I still had in mind that there was no guarantee that one could win in everything.