Chapter 10

"Where are we going anyways, Y/N?" Aqua asked from his side.

"To get some advice from an expert on how to end the haunting phenomena," Y/N replied cryptically while reading off directions provided in a little card he held up with his right hand. It was given to him by the receptionist lady back at the guild as a mans of guiding him to someone who would be able to assist them in fixing the haunting phenomena.

Shortly after they had been informed of the wider hauntings that were sweeping across Axel, Y/N (feeling partially responsible) had convinced Aqua to solve the problem at large for the town: although, surprisingly, she open to the idea of extra work. 

Since it was still early in the morning, most of the houses they passed on either side had interiors still blacken out by darkness and inactivity. The street upon which they walked was also similarly unpopulated, both of them being the only two to be travelling underneath the calm blue gaze of the sky.

"All right, we're here," Y/N muttered softly, double checking the name written on the little card with the one written upon the ovoid wooden sign that hung down in front of the large rectangular glass windows on his right. "But before we go on, try not to throw any fits."

"Hey, what are you talking about?" Aqua demanded. "What do you take me for? I'm no hoodlum or outlaw. I'm a goddess, a bona fide deity!"

"If you insist," Y/N replied nonchalantly. 

Without saying more, he pulled open the frosty-windowed door, causing it to whine by emitting a soft creek. 

"Welcom-Whaaa?!

An interim of silence went by as the door shut quietly behind the duo. Unfortunately it didn't take long for Aqua to return the surprise of the shopkeeper the moment she laid eyes on the lady at the counter just ahead.

"Haaah?!" Aqua cried, pointing accusingly at the woman opposite them, before leaving Y/N's side to run up to the counter to harass the woman. "There you are, you stinking undead! You have a shop here?! I, a goddess, have been sleeping in the stables until recently while you've been running a business?! How brazen for a Lich! In the name of the gods, I ought to burn this place to the ground!" She said loudly while she shook the shop-owner violently by the collar of her purple robes as she spoke.

Y/N sighed with disappointment from behind, before slowly approaching the 'goddess' from behind in order to pull her away from the counter-lady. "What did I just tell you prior to us entering?" Y/N demanded while grabbing Aqua by the collar of her dress.

"Y/N-san!"

"Grrr...but she's undead! How can a goddess, as great as I, idle sit around while a lich is allowed to run a shop-"

"And she is also the means by which we are going to fix the haunting issue of the town," Y/N replied curtly before letting go of the eccentric 'goddess'. He sighed once again before turning to apologise to the counter-lady. "Sorry about that, Wiz," he said politely. "Aqua seems to get uncontrollably rowdy whenever she enters your presence, you know how it is."

"N-No, I'm the one who is sorry for being a lich," Wiz said meekly.

"Hey, why are you speaking of me like I am some sort of beast!" Aqua protested.

"Loosely speaking, you could probably be classify as one, given your lack of self-control," Y/N said cynically.

"Waaahh, you-!" Aqua screamed while continuously hitting him in anger, flash flushed.

"Leave me," Y/N said bluntly, pushing the wailing goddess far away. "Try and act more civil for once."

"Now, now," he heard Wiz say from behind the counter in a worried tone, "it's not good to fight, why don't you sit down at the table over there?"