Epilogue (4/5)

"Wah... what a nice day." Jungkook said as he looks up to see a clear blue sky with warm sunlight lighting the world.

"Gosh... I wonder what's happening to Y/N hyung right now. Hope he doesn't get fully ignored by Hyewon." He continues his monologue and he hums a song while on the way to deliver the boxes to a store.

On the way, he sees a familiar face sitting beside a bench near a store he's about to deliver the boxes to. It was the girl he saved yesterday.

"Isn't that... What is she doing here?" He approaches her.

"Jieun ssi. Hello." Jieun notices the voice and sees Jungkook.

"Oh hello Jungkook ssi. Are you on your way to deliver those boxes?" Jungkook nods.

"Yes. Are you strolling through the neighborhood, Jieun ssi?" Jieun takes a sip of her coffee.

"Sort of."

"Do you come here alone?" Jieun slowly nods, much to Jungkook's worry.

"Jieun ssi. Why did you come here alone? It's dangerous! You should go back home now. It's unsafe being alone especially in this state."

"Jungkook ssi, do you worry about me that much?"

"Of course! You can't do much in your condition right now. Who knows that the person who pushed you to the street yesterday might be around here trying to kill you?" Then, Jieun giggles making Jungkook confused.

"Why are you laughing? This isn't the time for you to laugh. Excuse me. Jieun ssi." Jungkook takes a seat beside her.

"Because I like it." Her giggle then turns to laugh which scares Jungkook.

"You like it? Are you crazy? Why do you like it when someone tries to kill you?"

"Not that."

"Then?" Jieun calms herself down and stops laughing.

"I just like it. I like it when someone worries about me."

"Of course I would be worried about you. Anyone would've."

"But I like it when you worry about me." She smiles at Jungkook.

"Pardon?"

"Jungkook ssi. I'm scared. I'm very scared."

"What. You're saying you're scared but you're smiling. Now you're scaring me." He distant himself just a tiny bit from Jieun.

"Then protect me."

"Pardon? What did you just say?"

"Protect me Jungkook ssi. Be my shield. And with that, can I follow you today? I'm scared that someone's after me." Jieun stares into Jungkook's eyes which flustered Jungkook.

His cheeks are turning red looking at Jieun's beautiful face. He stands up and grabs the handle of the platform trolley.

"Wait here for a bit. Don't go anywhere." Jungkook goes inside the store to deliver the boxes while Jieun waits as Jungkook commanded.

She didn't have to wait for too long since Jungkook is fast with his job. He exits the store and finds Jieun taking the last sip of her coffee. He goes to sit beside her.

"Could you repeat what you just said earlier?"

"Pardon? Ah right. Be my shield."

"I believe you spoke more than that."

"Protect me, Jungkook ssi."

"There's more."

"Can I follow you today? I'm scared-"