Surprise! Not the Finale (Part 5 actually)

TW // blood, abuse, manipulation, slight gore
Super fun tho XD

George heard a voice, calling his name from very far away.

He let himself wake up, and felt his body again. It came back to him gradually, first his hurting head, then the memories: Dream, Grian hurt, escaping, fighting Dream, getting captured again.
George groggily opened his eyes.

He couldn't see. He felt thick cloth in his mouth again. He tried to move and realized he was tied to a chair.

"He's awake," Bad said.
George felt the blindfold get ripped off his head.
He blinked in the sudden light and saw Grian in front of him. Bad was behind: George craned his head to try and see, but Bad was out of his sight.
He faced forward again and tried to say Grian's name. It caught in the gag and became a muffled grunt.

Grian looked at him sadly. "Hi George."
His leg was wrapped in bandages and a crutch leaned against his chair.

Grian you're okay! George's eyes widened.

No thanks to you. Grian sounded hurt, but not bitter.

I'm sorry. I tried to stop him- I didn't know he'd hurt you-

You were with him. I tried to help you.

I know, I'm sorry! I was an idiot, he tricked me. George's eyes filled with tears. He betrayed me, he was trying to-

I know, George, Grian said. But you're the one who freed him. You lost the small faith they had in you.

I made a mistake. I know I can't trust him now. Please.
George cried harder through the gag.
I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry too.

Then the pain came. Like he was being torn apart from the inside. Like there was a hurricane between his ears and it was turning his brain to a bloody mess. He could feel Grian tugging at it and screamed.

He screamed into the gag, trying to keep his head in one piece. "GRIAN STOP STOP PLEASE!! PLEASE!!!"

When it finally stopped George sagged in the chair, panting. He lifted his head again with great effort.
why

Grian stared at him.
Because you're one of the enemies now.

I'M NOT! GRIAN PLEASE!! George tried to move closer, leaning forward and shaking the chair. I KNOW YOU- SKEPPY! LET ME TALK TO SKEPPY! PLEASE!

He's not here. And he doesn't want to hear from you.

Please stop hurting me. I know I fucked up, okay?!
George was gasping through tears.
I'm sorry for it. I wish I hadn't. I was so stupid. Please- please- I don't deserve this.

Neither did Dream.

George gasped. What?

Grian exhaled heavily. I won't hurt you anymore, but Techno and Bad are next, and they're mad. Rightly so, I could have died because of you.

I'M SORRY ABOUT THAT! GRIAN!! I didn't... I didn't want you to die.
George sobbed, but he was the only one listening.
I'm sorry.

Grian stood and left. He shut himself off from George, stopped hearing, so matter how much he begged.

George realized he was in Dream's cell, or someplace just like it. There was a mirror in front of him that was probably transparent on the other side.
George's reflection was beaten up, scratched from the fall down the hill and pathetic-looking. There were red marks on his neck and bags under his eyes.
He saw Bad standing behind him and turned his head again, trying to beg him, "Bad! Bad please! Bad I'm sorry-"