𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

You stumble through the door and lean against it as you try to recover from the recent battle against the monsters.

Especially one of them was a big pain in the ass.

As if the flying one's weren't bad enough.

The memory of the huge creature that tried to smash you with a club appropriate for its size just a few minutes ago, makes you tremble with disgust.

At this point you have gotten used to the monsters as they are everywhere all the time and you can kill them easily with your equipment, but this one was very different from all previous ones.

Not only was it bigger and stronger, it was also pretty fast and agile for its mass.

Why are these things getting stronger and stronger?

You shake the thought away and focus on the task ahead, which is finding the last flasks as fast as possible and get the hell out of here.

You've been spending enough of your precious time on this mission already.
Still breathing heavily, you look around the room.

It's dark, the only source of light being a lonely light bulb on the ceiling.

You notice that almost everything is made out of metal.

There are a few shelves, boxes, a chair and a desk, which are made out of wood, but aside from these even the floor and walls are metal, which makes sense.

After all, the last count masteres ferrokinesis through his mutation, which means that he is able to create and manipulate metal of all forms.

This doesn't matter for the time being though.

The wall above the desk is what catches your attention.

Pictures and posters of the three counts you've killed till now, Rose, Ethan, Mia, Chris, you have no idea why the latter would be there, and some other documents.

The most striking of them all is a poster of Miranda as it's a lot bigger than the rest.

You have to admit that she looks kinda intimidating, but she couldn't be worse then having to witness Lady Dimistrecu's transformation from that beautiful lady to some kind of wannabe dragon or whatever that was.

That memory will probably hunt you forever. You shake your head forcing yourself to focus back on the wall.

The way in which some pictures are crossed out and connected with a red thread are reminiscent of the bulletin boards that are used in crime series for evidence and suspects.

What is the meaning of this?

Just when you want to take a closer look at the wall, the door on the other side of the room pops open with a loud bang and someone dressed in a coat and hat enters the room.

You can't see their face as they are looking down.

Startled, you stumble away from the person who has just entered the room in a dramatic way and try to feel the doorknob behind you.

Hah found it!

You turn around quickly and are about to open the door when a hand next to your head pushes the door shut again and cuts off any escape routes for you.

Well, Fuck.

For a while you're just standing there holding your breath and waiting for anything to happen.

You can feel the person's warm breath on your neck, sending shivers down your spine.

Your heartbeat is increasing in pace, drowning out any other noises and you try to calm yourself down.

Thinking about your options you come to the conclusion that there's nothing you can do.

Therefore you take a deep breath and turn around slowly to face your opponent.

Dying can't be that bad anyway, right?

A mischievous grin spreads across the face in front of you the moment you realize who the person is.

You expected to run into him, just not so early.

The last of the four counts Heisenberg has trapped you against the door leaving you at his mercy.

You try to get your breath under control while staring into his eyes and he does the same.
That he's so close doesn't really help calm your nerves.

He's kinda good looking not gonna lie.
Thinking that wasn't really professional of me, was it?

After what felt like hours he finally speaks.

„Will you try to run again as soon as I step back?”

You shake your head.

„Are you sure?”

„I won't try to run away.”

You are surprised at your own determination but you know that it's true.

There's no way you could leave this place without the flask, not after everything you went through because your stupid friend said this would be an easy job.

„Alright.”

He steps away from you and gives you that mischievous smile again.

What is it with him and that annoying look on his face?

„Even though you are of use to me, I won't stop you if you want to leave now.”

He chuckles softly at your confused expression.

What's he planning?

„Oh dear I know why you're here.
And I'm aware that you are determined to get it.
After all, you killed three counts for your goal, didn't you? I don't even have to make you stay.”

He's not wrong about that.

You smile at him.

„So, what do you want?”

There has to be some kind of trap.

He turns around walking to the door he came through halting in the doorframe.

„Let's make a deal.”