𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2

“What kind of deal are we talking about?”

Heisenberg shuts the door he came through earlier and turns around to you.

He pulls the chair, which on closer inspection is not made of wood after all, but of extremely inviting-looking steel, out of the corner and places it next to you.

„Take a seat.”

You hesitate to follow his instructions, because even though Heisenberg hasn't shown any signs of wanting to kill you so far, you don't trust him as a person, nor the deal he's talking about.

Reconsidering his previous behavior, your distrust grows more.

A man who seems to torture and kill people for fun spares you and even wants to make a deal with you?

And even going further by saying he would let you go?

No way.

What is he planning?

You seem to have taken too long to follow his instructions, because in the next second he pushes you down by the shoulder so that you sit on the chair.

„I said sit!”

„Pretty aggressive, aren't we?”

You briefly consider whether it's smart to provoke him, but if you're going to die, you will at least do it with humor.

A look at his face shows you that he seems to be a relaxed about it.

In fact, he laughs gently.

„You haven't seen me when it comes to lady super-sized bitch, dear.”

What the hell?

You gasp upon realizing who he's talking about.

„Wait are we talking about Lady Dimistrecu?”

He shrugs his shoulders, the corners of his mouth twitching upward briefly in amusement.

You try not to laugh at his choice of words and remind yourself of the seriousness of this situation.

Clearing your throat, you try to calm yourself down.

Heisenberg also straightens himself Up again, turning the mood in the room abruptly.

The sudden changes in the atmosphere seem like something out of a comedy movie.

„Where was I? Ah right. I'm sure you know Rose, and you're not running around here picking up her bits and pieces for no reason, are you?”

„Of course I know her.”

„Do you have any Idea how poweful that Kid is?”

No you don't, but admitting that you've been sent on this mission to collect Rose's body parts, put in flasks by Miranda, without knowing why this kid is so important to Chris, is something you don't want to admit because of your pride.

The only reason you're here right now is because this job is payed well.

So you use your superior acting skills to give a convincing "yes" from yourself.

For reasons you can't explain, Heisenberg doesn't seem too convinced, but doesn't elaborate.

„Anyway, even Miranda is scared of her.“

If Miranda is afraid of a baby, then Rose must have pretty strong powers, you think to yourself.

„You and me.“, He says,  while making exaggerated gestures with his hands, „Together we go safe Rose, and then we can use her to grind Miranda into paste.”

You find the excitement that shows on his face as he tells his plan, admittedly kind of cute.

Especially the triumphant smile, that lights up his face as he dreams about being able to destroy Miranda, makes you want to agree to the deal.

But you can't.

The mission that Chris gave you after Ethan's death forbids you to do anything other than save Rose, respectively their dismembered body parts.

You have quite a bit of freedom and may even try killing Miranda if it comes to a meeting, but using Rose is not one of the possibilities.

And you never disobey Chris orders.

„Yea no. That plan is not gonna happen.“

You think about how he would react to your clear refusal and for a moment, you think he's going to kill you after all, because his eyes glint wickedly and his hand twitches briefly to the knife in his pants pocket. 

You inhale sharply, holding your breath.

Only when the tension leaves Heisenberg's body again and he sighs, do you relax a bit.

„Fine. I will give you time to rethink it.
After all, it's going to be three months until Miranda shows up here to get the flasks.”

You are aware that you will not change your mind, but are afraid what your counterpart would do if you express it.

Therefore, you simply nod to show that you understand.

„Alright. I'm just telling you this so you realize what happens if you don't change your mind in three months.

If this happens, I have no choice but to take the flasks from you by force.
Do you understand?“

„I do.“

Of course, you won't just let him take the flasks.

Before he has the chance, you will have to take the last one from his possession and bring it to Chris unnoticed by Heisenberg.

It won't be easy, and Heisenberg will certainly hide it well.

So you need a good plan.

You decide to postpone your planning for now, however, and concentrate on exploring the factory.

„Follow me. You will need a place to stay.“

You follow him back out to the outdoor area. Because you didn't have the time or the desire to look around when you arrived, you do so now.

High, dry grass brushes your legs as you walk.

There are power poles on the grounds and metal and wood scraps lying around everywhere.

Heisenberg could urgently clean up.

You look up at the towers of the factory, from which masses of smoke are coming out.
Out of the corner of your eye, you see that he is watching you with interest, but you pretend not to notice.

He leads you on to a shack that is in as bad external shape as the rest of the factory and holds the door open for you.

„There is a guest room at the end of the
corridor, which you can use.

Don't ask me why I have one.”
You nod, giving him a gentle smile.

Later, when you are lying in bed, which to your surprise is not made of metal but of wood, you recall your first impressions of Heisenberg.

His character surprised you a lot since you thought he would be an bloddy murderer without principles.

Under your pillow, however, is a knife for safety.