𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 6

After the last conversation with Heisenberg, he was a little more dismissive of you for a few days and during that time he immersed himself in his work.

You didn't want to press him and didn't want to interfere further in his affairs for the time being, so you busied yourself with reading.

At least that's what you want Heisenberg to think.

Actually, you put your free time into working out a plan to get a hold of the capsule.

At times, you even consulted Chris during your daily walkie-talkie conversations.

You had studied his daily routine carefully and counted the time intervals between his breaks, which he spends with you.

By the time your plan was finished down to the smallest detail and you had spent several days making sure there were no deviations in Heisenberg's daily routine, you had already spent three weeks in your temporary home.

Your roommate's dismissive behavior has already subsided at this point and you actually spend many hours telling each other about events in your lives.

You have noticed, of course, that you find it easier and easier to trust him with private things and often your loud laughter resounds in the rooms of the small shack. 

When Heisenberg leaves for work the next day after a leisurely breakfast together, an uneasy feeling spreads as you walk to his bedroom door.

And the feeling is not nervousness or excitement.

It's guilt.

You just can't understand why you would feel bad about invading his privacy.

It's not like he couldn't have known you'd try to get the capsule.

Still, you can't shake the thought that it feels like you're breaking his trust in some way and somehow having his trust seems precious to you.

You take a breath before grabbing the door handle.

The door doesn't move even a bit as you push down.

Suddenly you realize that you never considered that Heisenberg might lock his door.

You look at the wooden clock hanging on the opposite wall and note in your head that you have two hours to search the cabin for the key and clean up the mess that will surely result.

Already panicking a bit because things haven't gone according to plan, you take a quick breath to clear your head.

In your panic to simply rummage through everything would bring you to nothing.

You sit down for a minute and thinking about where Heisenberg might have his room keys.

Probably close to him, or in an easily accessible place, so that he doesn't forget to lock up in the evening.

This trait is something you've learned about him over the past few weeks.

He often forgets to eat in the morning, which is not good for his health, which of course doesn't interest you in the least.

Since you moved in, this has improved significantly because he thinks about making you dinner rather than himself.

At least that's what Heisenberg told you, which made you happy in a strange way.

Also, you've often seen him desperately searching for something he was holding in his hand ten minutes before.

He has often left the bathroom unlocked because he has forgotten that you live in the house, too.

The last one, admittedly, happened to you on your first day here, but never again.

Remembering the encounter, you feel your face heating up a little from emberassment.

Anyway, in summary, Heisenberg is very forgetful and if he does not have the key directly on him, it must be easily accessible so that Heisenberg does not forget where it is.

So what could be a good place?

You take a look around, scanning your surroundings.

The first that catches your attention is an old book Heisenberg loves to read over and over again.

He reads it probably every night, you think to yourself, contemplating it.

You get up and walk towards the object of your suspicion, which has a grey cover with a marionette on it. 

A dark shadow lies over the puppet that seems to control it and you can't help but think of Heisenberg and what he had told you.

”I'm afraid I can't oppose Miranda myself, since I'm under her control. But with an army, I could defeat her and finally be free.“

You suddenly have the feeling that the key is not in the book.

Something tells you that he feels connected to the book, that he thinks he is a puppet of Miranda, who wants to break free from her strings and be free.

    ...

You are proven to be right, when Heisenberg grabs the book that evening and starts reading it with a sad smile on his face.

However, what also catches your attention is the silver chain that is hanging from his neck and disappearing under his shirt.

How are you supposed to get that close to him?