29. Your End has come

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry. I was offline for a long time now. The last few months have been very tough, I believe not only for me, but for many others as well. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to write because I had to and still have to look after my family more during these times and I really don't know whether I have time to continue writing, so that you might have to wait a little longer for the next chapter. Sorry.

________________

Vicky's POV

Time went by. Meanwhile, a nurse came and removed the IV from Anjali. I noticed how she got a little shy when the nurse came to us and looked at us with a smile. When the woman was finally gone, I pulled her back to me and she snuggled up to me again. After a while, she fell asleep and now she was lying here in my arms, my little one, who I had longed for so long. But unfortunately, I couldn't stay longer. A look at my watch showed me that visiting time was long over. Carefully, I pushed myself out of bed, so as not to wake her up and covered her with the duvet again. She looked so peaceful and smiled softly in her sleep that it also made me grin, because I was sure that I was the reason for it. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and I turned around. It was Dr Sinha. Quietly, she entered the room and wanted to know about Anjali's well-being. I whispered, told her that she was doing reasonably well and that I could calm her down a little.

"Siddarth threatened to do something bad to me if she opened her mouth. That's why she was very concerned about me." I let her know and turned my gaze to Anjali.

"Ah, I see." She said thoughtfully and looked at her as well.

"That bastard thinks he can silence her so easily, but he was wrong. He won't get far with it. I will make him pay for what he has done to her. You will see. He's going to suffer for it a lot."  I said through clenched teeth and turned my hand into a fist.

"Mr. Mehra. I understand your anger, but please remain calm and don't do anything wrong now. Think about Anjali. With this you are not doing yourself or her any good. She needs you here, by her side, not behind bars."

Silently, I saw her take a step up to the bed and looked at Anjali with a serious face.

"Don't worry. Siddarth Malhotra will be punished for his crime." She said confidently.

"But until then we have to be patient and wait until Anjali has fully recovered. And she can only do that if you stay by her side."

"Yes, you are right, Doctor. I'm not leaving Anjali's side and will support her in everything." I agreed.

She turned her head to me and smiled.

"You'd better go home, Mr. Mehra. Go home and have some rest. I will tell the night staff to check on her at regular intervals. And, if Mr. Malhotra enters the hospital tomorrow, I will order security to expel him from the hospital. So you don't have to worry."

"Thank you very much, Doctor Sinha. I'll make my way home, but just give me a minute."

"All right. So, then we will see us again tomorrow, Mr. Mehra?" Smiling, she held out her hand and I took it.

"Yes, we will definitely and I'll be here early in the Morning." I replied with a smile and shook her hand.

After she left the room, I turned back to Anjali and looked at her for a moment. Doctor Sinha was right. Even if I felt a great desire to do thousand bad things to Siddharth, I shouldn't make a mistake and mess with him now. The prison should be reserved for him, not for me.