24. Definitive Over 1/2

Siddarth's POV

"Hello, are you okay?" I heard a male voice and felt a slight touch on my shoulder. I could also perceive a dog barking.

I was dizzy, had a headache and my face hurt me very much. Then I painfully opened my eyes,  groaned briefly and saw an older man bent over me. In his right hand he held a leash attached to a small dog. .

"Hello, Mister, are you okay?" He was asking again.

For a moment I looked at him confused, didn't know where I was until I remembered everything.

"Come on, I'll help you." He offered to me a hand and helped me to get back on my feet.

"Well, tell me. Is everything ok? Do you need a doctor, because you're not looking fine." He said worriedly and pointing his index finger on my face.

"No, thank you. I don't need a doctor. I'm fine."  I let him know, wiped the dirt off my clothes and quickly got into my car.

In my rearview mirror, I saw the man looking at me still confused and then went on with his dog. It was awkward. Something like this had never happened to me before. I, Siddarth Malhotra, woken up by a passerby on the street and in such a state. Luckily it was very early in the morning, so no many people have seen me. Right now I only wanted to get away quickly and started the engine.

...

Finally I got home, parked in front of the house and looked at my face in the car mirror. It hurt like hell and I looked terrible. The left side of my face was blue and there was dried blood everywhere. It was particularly pronounced around my mouth. My nose looked even worse and was swollen. That damn Vicky. Yesterday I was holding back, but the next time I see him, he's going to get hurt, because I'm not going to let him get away with it a second time. Annoyed, I got out of the car and went into the house. As soon as I stepped in the hallway, I heard footsteps coming towards me and was very surprised when she stood in front of me.

"Finally you're here. I've been waiting for you all night." She said in a soft voice and looked at me with concern.

"What are you doing here?"  I said loud, walked up to her and angrily grabbed her upper arm.

Why did she have to be here, right now that I was so loaded with anger again. I didn't want her here. I didn't want to see her and I didn't want to talk to her.

"Please, Sid. I know you're angry, but don't get upset."  She said calmly with her gaze on my firm grip and didn't try to pull herself away, instead she took my hand off her arm and rubbed the spot I had held her.

At that moment, I thought she was going to tremble, but no, Anjali's posture showed no fear. After all, she knew my outbursts of anger and had experienced them too often, so that her fear slowly disappeared. When she turned her gaze from her arm back to me, her eyes widened.

"Oh, my God. Sid. Your face. I didn't realized..."

She reached out her hand, but I hit it away and wanted to keep her from touching my face.

"Don't touch me!" I hissed.

"Oh, Sid."  She said, took my hand and pulling me to the living room.

"Come, sit down. I'll go get something to clean your face."

Then she left the room. After a few minutes she came back with a washcloth and a bowl of water. Slowly, she sat down beside me on the couch, put the bowl on her lap and carefully began to clean my face. I didn't say anything, just staring at her face. I was still mad at her, angry, that she had gone to him while I was away. But when I felt the pleasant warm water on my skin, it made me forget my anger for a moment. But when she touched the spot where it hurt the most, I cried out and flinch away. She also flinched back.