Mia's POV

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hi, are you Mia?"

"Yes, that's me."
"You really live on your own?"
"Yes ma'am. I have for a year. My mom died last year and my dad walked out a few weeks later. The state said that since I was turning 18 in a few months, I could live on my own. They paid off all my parents' debt so I don't have to worry about it. If you're worried about Tate and I being alone-"
She cut me off. "I understand living alone can be lonely. You sound like an amazing girl. Tell Tate he can stay as long as he wants."
"Thank you so much Mrs. Mitchell."
"Oh please call me Tara or Mom. Any friend of Tate's is a friend of mine."
I smiled. "Thank you, Tara." and the call ended.

"Well?" Tate asked.

"She said you could stay as long as you wanted." I said.

We ate the dinner that I made. The stereo had been playing while I'd been cooking.
"Is it okay if I turn on a musical soundtrack?" I asked.

"Of course. I'll listen to anything."

I plugged my phone into the stereo and began playing Hamilton.
"Aye oui oui mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette. The Lancelot of the revolutionary set. I came from afar just to say bonsoir. Tell the king casse toi, who's the best? C'est moi."

(Translation: Aye yes yes my friends, my name is Lafayette. The Lancelot of the revolutionary set. I came from afar just to say hello. Tell the king "break yourself" Who's the best? It's me)

I started jamming along to "Aaron Burr, Sir" as it started playing. I noticed Tate was laughing.

"What are you laughing at, sir?" I asked, stopping my dancing, putting my hands on my hips.

He put his hands up in surrender. "Nothing, I'm just laughing at your amazing dancing."
"Amazing? Pfft It's not the best."

"Hey," He stood up, grabbed my waist, pulled me into him, pressing me against him. "You are an amazing dancer. I saw you out there today. You were the best out there."

I shook my head. "You just watched me, you didn't watch the more talented person out there, Maddie is better than me. I'm not the best."

"Because you caught my eye the minute you stood up out there. You had the best energy and the best faces. "
"You're just saying that. I'm not the best out, Tate, I'm-mmph" I was cut off by Tate kissing me. I melted into his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck and tangling my hands in his soft brown hair. He had one arm around my waist, the other around my upper back and on my shoulder. He broke the kiss, looking into my eyes.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that." He said.

I shook my head. "I can't do this. I can't be in a relationship. I need to focus on school and-"

"Hey, can you please just try it out? It's not that bad. Mia, I know we just met, but you're my dream girl. I don't want to lose you. Mia, will you please be my girlfriend?"

His question caught me off guard. I heard a voice in my head. I recognized it as my mother's voice. "Try it out, Darling. Please. He will change your life."

I looked at the ground and decided to listen to the voice. I looked up, making eye contact with Tate. I nodded. "Yes, Tate. I will be your girlfriend."

He smiled and picked me up, spinning us around. He slowly brought me down, kissing me again. "Thanks, Mia. I promise to be the best boyfriend and never hurt you."

I smiled and glanced at the clock. "Do you wanna watch a movie or something?"
"Sure, what do you wanna watch?"
"Can we watch Hamilton?" I said, all excited.

Tate smiled, "Gosh you're so adorable. Did you know that?"
I giggled and he shook his head. "Sure, we can watch Hamilton."
I grabbed my blanket and jumped onto the couch, giggling as I did so. Tate sat next to me, grabbing the blanket so we had to share. I turned the TV on and turned Hamilton on. I heard King George's announcement and got really excited. "It's Groffsauce!" I exclaimed. By the way, Groffsauce is Jonathan Groff. Tate was smiling and shaking his head.

"You're so cute and I love it."

I glared at him. Suddenly the opening notes to "Alexander Hamilton started playing and Leslie Odem Jr. who plays Aaron Burr, the man who shot Hamilton, came on stage. I started singing when Phillipa Soo, who plays Eliza Scuyler Hamilton, started singing.

"When he was ten his father split, full of it, debt-ridden, Two years later, see Alex and his mother bed-ridden Half-dead sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick. And Alex got better, but his mother went quick."

I started to fall asleep around the song "Battle of Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)" I snuggled up close to Tate's side, my head resting on his chest. He slipped his arm around my waist, and began playing with my hair. My eyes became heavy and i fell asleep during "Dear Theodosia". 

(A/N) I just realized how short I write chapters, haha. Well I'll try to write longer ones as I continue this book. I have over 60 pages of this stuff written in Google Docs and a few more in my notebook. I write so much. I've been writing in driver's ed a lot cause I get so bored there.