Tate's POV

I did it. I have her. She was my girlfriend. When she asked if we could watch Hamilton, I couldn't say no. She was just so cute and adorable. I noticed she was falling asleep and she was finally nearing the end of the first act. I looked down at her. She looked so cute when she was asleep. I just wanted to protect her. I fell asleep during the last song, "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story?"

I heard Mia's alarm going off around 6am. Why did she get up so early? I turned off her alarm and decided to wait until my alarm went off to wake her up. 40 minutes later, my alarm went off. I turned it off and looked down at her. I leaned down and kissed her. She stirred, but didn't wake up. I kissed her again and this time she woke up, kissing me back.

"Morning, beautiful." I said, smiling.

She groaned and rubbed her eyes. "Is it morning?" I nodded.

She stretched. "What time is it?"

"6:40. I figured I'd let you sleep a little longer."

"Thanks." She suddenly sat up straight. "You don't have anything here. You don't have any clothes or anything."

Hey, I have stuff in my car. I'm used to people calling me, asking me to come over."

"Who would ask you?" Mia asked.

"I'll tell you later. Right now, we need to get ready for school." I said, kissing her forehead.

She nodded. "You better tell me after school."
She ran off to her room to get dressed and I walked out to my truck to get my stuff. I walked back into the house to hear crying.

"Mia?" I called out. She didn't answer. "Mia? Princess?" I knocked on her door. No answer. I opened the door to see Mia leaning against her bed, tears running down her face.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" She didn't answer. I sat down next to her, putting my arm around her. "Hey Mia, talk to me, what's wrong?"

I heard her mutter something. "Hey it's okay. I'm here, Mia, it's Tate. I'm here."

She suddenly lifted her head up, making eye contact with me. She grabbed my shirt collar, pulled me in and kissed me. She caught me by surprise, but I kissed her back.

When she broke the kiss, she asked, "Why do you wanna help me? Is this all a dare so that the school can make fun of me?"

(A/N) TW SUICIDE TW

I looked at the ground. "It is! I knew it!" Mia yelled. "You got my hopes up for noth-" I cut her off by kissing her. When I broke the kiss, I said, "Mia, listen to me. Please. I know no one at the school so no one can make fun of you cause I don't know anyone. I had a sister. She and I were really close. She was also diagnosed with depression, anxiety and a few months later PTSD. I did everything I could to help her until one day that changed. One day while I was in school, in my English class, I got her goodbye text. I ran out of the class and I left. I didn't check out, I didn't do anything. I was calling her over and over, while I drove a lot over the speed limit. When I got home, I was too late. She had overdosed and I hadn't come back in time to save her. I fell into a depression for months because I felt like I failed. I felt like I failed my sister when the one time she really needed my help, I wasn't there and she was gone. Mia, I wanna help you because I don't want Ella to go through that. It isn't the best thing. I don't want you to do the same thing as my sister. I don't wanna lose you too."
"Oh Tate," Mia hugged me. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know that. If I had known, I wouldn't have said any of that."

"It's okay, Mia. It was 2 years ago."
"How old was your sister?"
"18. She had so much coming for her and she ended her life. Her name was Ethany. She was the best sister ever. The only girl of 4 boys. We were really close, being 2 ½ years apart. I lost a part of me when she committed."
Mia hugged me again. "You know, you remind me of her." I said.

"Maybe she inspired us to meet. Maybe she's the reason we met."

"I hope so. A lot of things have been happening that remind me of her."

"Let's get to school, Tate. I feel better now."
"Sorry about that."

"It's okay, Mia. It really is. You didn't know."
"Wanna carpool to school today?"
"Sure."

(A/N) So we find out Tate had an older sister.... hmmmmmm what will happen next?