Mia's POV

Tate and I carpooled in his truck to school. He never let go of my hand the entire drive. He walked me to English where Mr. Anderson was greeting students.

"Good morning, Mia."
"Morning, Mr.Anderson."
"And who is this young man?"
"This is Tate."
"Ah, yes. Tate. 6th hour, right?"

Tate nodded. "Yes sir, I am in your 6th hour."

The bell rang for us to get to class. Tate kissed my forehead and headed off to Calculus.

"Something going on there, Mia?" Mr. Anderson asked, teasingly.

I smiled. "Yes sir." was all I said before walking into class.

I put my phone in my slot and sat down. The bell rang and class started. Mr. Anderson came in and began explaining what book we would be reading. We were going to be reading Harry Potter. The entire series. I got really excited because I love Harry Potter. He handed out the 1st book and then the bell rang. I grabbed my phone and walked to Sports Psychology. I ran right into someone coming down the hall.

"Watch it. I could get you detention, ya know?" The person looked at me. "Well hello there, darling. Names Ray. What's yours, cute stuff?"

I gave him a look. "Something you will never know."
I started to walk off but he grabbed my arm, pinning me against him.

"A little feisty, are we? I like it when girls are feisty." Suddenly I heard,

"Hey M, Ready to get to class?"

I sighed in relief. "Let's get to class El, before I kill someone."
We walked off. When Ray was out of earshot, I said, "Thank you so much El. I was about to punch him."
"I could tell. Ignore him. He's the most popular guy in the school. Quarterback, star basketball player, star baseball player. All that. His dad is the principal so he gets away with a lot. If he talks back to a teacher and they threaten to give him detention, he brings up his dad. It's so annoying."

"Let me guess. He's a playboy too"

Ella nodded. "He gets with girls, sleeps with them a few times, breaks their hearts and leaves them. You and I are some of the few who haven't fallen under his spell."

"I don't plan on falling under that spell. He sounds so annoying and I refuse to date someone like that."

2nd and 3rd hours were pretty boring. Lunch came and Tate, Ella, Andrew, and I went to Wendy's. Ella noticed Tate holding my hand under the table and said, "You better not hurt her."

We busted out laughing and soon headed back to school. I walked into my 5th hour, freezing when I saw Ray in my math class. Oh help me now. I thought to myself as I sat down on the other side of the room. Away from Ray. His smile faded and he walked over to the teacher. Mrs. Johnson shook her head, then suddenly realized who she was talking to and nodded really fast. He grabbed his stuff and walked over, sitting next to me.

"Heyyyy sweetcheeks."

"What do you want?"

"Can I not be friendly and sit next to you, hot stuff?"
"No you can't. I've heard the rumors. No thank you, playboy." I said, spitting the last word out.

"Playing hard to get, huh? Well, soon you will fall under my charm."

I glared at him. "We'll see. We'll see."

All of math, I just wanted to kill him. All he did was flirt with me the entire class hour. I ran out of that class as fast as I could the minute the bell rang because I couldn't take it anymore. Ella and Andrew met me in the commons so we could walk to chemistry together. I ranted the entire way, complaining about Ray and how annoying he was.