Rekindled Feelings.

Megatron's POV

I awoke inches from Optimus' face. I tried to reach my arms up to kill him but I realized I was stuck. Even with all my strength being used I could barely move an inch so I decided I needed to find another way out. As I pondered what to do I studied Optimus' face. He looked so peaceful and the years of war faded away as I stared at his face. I was reminded of a time when Optimus and I were friends, I even had a crush on him. How could I have done this to our world, how could I have done this to you Orion. I felt tears running down my face, I am a battle hardened warlord and the leader of the Decepticons, I should not be crying. However, staring at Optimus' face reminded me of all the wrongs I have done. How far I have taken this war and all the damages I have done. This war started out as one for equality and for a good cause, but now it is one fueled by revenge and wrath. What have I become? 

"I am Lord Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, battle hardened and ruthless, and yet I break down and become weak with emotions." I lamented, sadly.

"Bots cry, not because they are weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." Optimus told me. 

I looked into his eyes, I should be mad I should scream at him for disrespecting me, but when I look into those optics I can't help but be calmed by their comfort. It was like an old childhood toy, filled with so much love and nostalgia of a better time. Plus, getting mad would not help either of us get out. I realized I had not said anything in a while and I started to move my legs. 

Optimus cried out in pain. I looked at him and he said, "Are you hurt?"

He nodded and mumbled, "My leg."

I moved my leg up so it would relieve some pressure from his. I looked back up at Optimus and he had hopeful expression. Well, his face was stoic but after so many years with him I know what he is thinking. "Don't look at me like that Prime. I only did that so you would stop complaining and whining."

But he continued to look at me like I was the only thing he lived for. I remember when he used to look at me like that. I always won my battles in the Pits of Kaon and Orion loved watching me win so much. He admired my strength and cunning, I missed that shine in his optics. It has been far too long since I have seen it. I started this war when I was dumb and blind and now I am far too deep to back out now. But if I had know that this war would cost me everything I would not have started it. By everything I mean Orion, he was my only true friend, beside Soundwave, and he was so shy, timid, and cute. He was my first crush and he still is. I have just buried my feeling because of the war but if I'm being honest, I miss being close to Optimus, I miss him, and I am still in love with him. 

I feel rocks shift above me and I thrust my arm up and it hits the open air, well a bigger portion of the cave, but anything will be better than this cramped little space right now. 

"There is a cave above us I am going to move into it, some rocks might fall on you." Optimus only nodded. I started to push the rest of my body towards my free arm, It is difficult and every muscle in my body was on fire from straining so hard. I got my shoulders free and I felt a hand on my foot. I ignore Optimus, assuming it was a mistake, and I continue pulling into the open cave. I make it free and I hear Optimus yell as the rock engulfs him completely.

I should just leave him there the Autobots will crumble with out the support of their leader. But can I loose Optimus, I already lost Orion and Optimus is all I have left. He is distant, but deep down he is still my Orion, and I can't lose him again. I start frantically digging through the rubble. I feel his arm and I work to get him in this cave as well. 

I pull him into the slightly larger cave and I can see the damage done to his leg. Optimus sits down on the ground and I kneel to look at the wound. "Why did you pull me out from the rubble?" He asks with big eyes. 

Shit, I didn't expect him to ask, "Because if I were to kill you here...it would not be as glorious as killing you on the battle field." I lied.

He smiled and said, "Well let's hope it won't come to that."

I looked at him, he sounded so much like Orion it almost brought me to tears.