Buried Memories

Here you go a brand new chapter! Sorry for the long break I lost my creativity, but I'm back now and I will try to get back on schedule to bring you regular updates! Now back to the drama!!
———————————————————————
Megatron's POV

I awoke to find myself back on the Nemesis, in the Medbay. I got up and left the room to head to the command center. I walked into the command center only to find Soundwave at the computer, working diligently. It must be early, Soundwave always like to get up early and work, sometimes I don't think he sleeps. I walked over to Soundwave and asked, "What happened?"

He looked at me and responded, "Cave in... Autobots there too...You unconscious"

"So the Autobots took their leader, and we parted ways."

He only nodded in return. I dipped my head in respect and left. I went into the Data Pad storage room. I rummaged through the pile and something cold, small, and solid touches my hand. I grabbed it confused and pulled it out of the pile. It was a small pendent intended to be worn around the neck. The pendent was a small planet with stars engraved on the surface of the planet.

It brought me back, because it was the pendent I wore around my neck during gladiator matches, that Optimus, then Orion, gave to me for good luck.

I put it on, how could I be so sentimental, but Orion is everything and I miss him. Is there really a chance to back out of this war? No, the deceptions would continue where I left off, but this is not the deception cause. To rule world it never was, it was to change (overthrow) the government so all bots would be equal. But I have strayed so far from that path that I don't know what I'm fighting for.

I hold the pendent in between my fingers. How much I miss Orion. I remember when Optimus lost his memory after we defeated Unicron. I was so over joyed to have him back but to maintain my appearance, I yelled and threatened my Orion. How low I have fallen, what have I done? How do I fix this? Can it be fixed?

Before I had time to continue my mental breakdown Soundwave asked to see me. I went to the command center and he pointed to a very familiar life signal..Optimus. "I will handle him no one else is to engage." Sound wave nodded and I turned to go to the ground bridge.

~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I exited the portal to see Prime sitting on a ledge overlooking the ocean. I decided to sit next to him.

"How is your leg Optimus, healed I suspect?"

"I would like to thank you Megatron."

I shot a look at Optimus to find him staring intently at me, "What are you rambling about now Prime?" I said, rolling my optics, even if I was curious to what he meant.

"For saving me in that cave." He looked at me with those soft eyes and I nearly melted, I could feel my core rising and my cooling fans kicked on.

"I don't know what your talking about, Prime."

"Ratchet said that when they found me they found you first because you were covering me, protecting me from the heavy impact of the cave collapsing. So thank you, Megatron."

"Whatever, you would have survived it anyway. You are a hard one to kill Optimus."

Optimus's eyes roamed down my body them up, they stopped at the base of my neck cables. His eyes widened and he looked at me with the most love and happiness I have ever seen in his eyes in a long time. He sat straighter, his eyes got bigger and his smile grew wider.

"Why are you staring at me like that Prime?"

He simply continued smiling at me and I felt the base of my neck cables. THE PENDENT, I forgot to take it off.

"Think nothing of it Prime."

I could not think of an excuse, I did not know why I put it back on, or why I ever took it of in the first place. So I looked back at Prime.

He reached his arm out, and I prepared for a fight but instead he picked up the pendent and ran his fingers over it. When his servo touched me it felt like electricity shot through my body.

I simply watched him hold the pendent with a sad smile on his face. I would give anything to see him smile, I backtracked, would I give anything? I took another look in his optics and realized I would give anything, even my position as the leader of the deceptions to see Optimus smile. Primus I am doomed.

Optimus stood and so did I, we looked at each other intently. He payed a servo in my shoulder and said, "One day we might be able to end this war peacefully, every bot deserves a second chance."

I looked to the side knowing there was no second chance for me. I felt a servo cup my chin and I looked at Optimus and he earnestly said, "Every bot."

With that Optimus left through a ground bridge. I called for one shortly after, and for the rest of the day I was thinking about Optimus and his words.