A New Day

Megatron's POV

After returning from the discussion with Optimus I continued running the ship like normal because it will be easier to quietly take Starscream down when most of the bots are asleep or relaxing in their quarters, so I will wait til most bots are done working at night. I did not wish to think about Shockwave at the moment, because although Starscream is fairly idiotic, he is also highly superstitious and if he even hears rumors about the war ending, there is no telling what he will do, and he is no less dangerous on his own, so for now I pushed Shockwave to the back of my processor and continued like nothing was different.

~~Time skip brought to you by the sexiest medic out there, Knockout~~

How will I manage to contain Starscream? It will need to be a surprise attack and I do not want to risk anything going wrong so I will have to do it myself to make sure that Starscream does not get away.

I made a quick stop by Knockout's Medbay to solidify a plan. He was hesitant at first but I managed to convince him that he could do it and he would come of no harm. I had Knockout lure Starscream into the Medbay by requesting a check-in. The fool waltzed into the room without noticing me standing behind the door frame. Instead he went on rambling to Knockout about how great he was and how he was going to take over. I made my way to him quietly while he was boasting and quickly bashed him over the head. He went limp and plummeted towards the ground, landing with an echoing 'thud'.

"Did you have to hit him so hard my liege?"

"No, I suppose not, but I have been wanting to do that for a while."

"You and half the ship my liege."

I called in some clones and said,

"See that he sustained no permeant or life threatening injuries, Knockout,"

then turning to the clones,"Once he is cleared you are to put him in cuffs and lock him in an empty jail cell. Am I clear?"

They nodded their heads and Knockout began checking Starscream so I left to find Shockwave, because although he was very cold and a bit crazy, he was still an amazing scientist, one who could help rebuild Cybertron, so I have to try and reason with him.

Primus, I'm starting to sound like Optimus. What is becoming of me?

Shockwave is most likely in his lab so I turned down one of the many hallways in the Nemisis to get there. Though, he may not be, it was fairly late and the only reason Starscream and Knockout were still up was because I had given them some extra work to do. I was pleased to see light flowing in from under a crack of the doorway for the lab. So, he was still there, good. I opened the door and was met with a surprising scene.

Shockwave was cradling Soundwave in a very intimate embrace, holding onto him like it was the last time they would see each other.  Shockwave was using his arm cannon to hold Soundwave on his back while the other was wrapped affectionately around his waist.  Soundwave had his long spindly arms around Shockwaves neck and had buried his head into Shockwave's chest. It was quite cute and I almost felt bad for interrupting an obviously tender moment...almost.

I cleared my throat and both their head's snapped towards my direction and the quickly detangled themselves from each other. Shockwave looked at me while Soundwave looked down at the floor like a child who had done something wrong.

"Shockwave, things are changing rapidly and I need your assurance that you will always be loyal to me."

"Of course Lord Megatron, I will always listen to you and I will never go against your wishes."

I nodded and turned to leave, but before I got through the door way I stopped and looked over my shoulder at neither in particular and said,

"Take care of him, for I guarantee you will never find another like him."

With that I walked out the door, it automatically shutting behind me. My statement was addressed to them both rather than just one because they are both so unique, and now that I have a moment to process that it makes sense that they would be together.

I checked to make sure that Starscream was properly secured and then I allowed my self to retire to my Berthroom, for tomorrow I will be breaking the news that this war will be coming to an end.