Scattered Thoughts

I looked closely at the wound, it was badly damaged, and I knew he would need immediate medical attention if he had any hope of keeping that leg. I looked around the cave for anything, a ray of sunshine, a gentle breeze, anything. My efforts turned fruitless; I could not tell if the surface was near, and getting up to check the walls would make it seem like I care. Optimus watched me with such intent I almost shivered under his piercing glare. 

"What are you looking at, Prime?" I snarled, not wanting to show any weakness. 

He only sighed and looked away. He then pushed himself up against the crumbling wall. 

"You can't stand, and doing so will only make it more painful," I said in a very matter-of-fact tone. 

He shot me a soft gaze, and I growled and turned away; if the fool wants to lose his leg, why should I stop him? The moment I turned away, I heard a loud crash. I turned my head back to see Optimus on the floor, almost in a planking position. 

I sigh softly and gently picked him up, "You were always so clumsy, even as an archivist."

I laid him against the wall, and his eyes locked with mine. It was like a magnet, my eyes were fixed on Optimus, and I could not pull my gaze away. Oh, how those eyes reminded me of the young and shy Orion. How innocent he was until I thrust this mad war upon him and changed him. Stupid Matrix of Leadership. Optimus's eyes closed, and I took my chance to move farther away from him. Instead, I began scanning the walls and running my fingers along the rough, cold surface to see if there were any signs of the world above.  

"Do you remember when we would sit on that hill on the edge of the city and watch the stars together, Megatron?"

He sounded so hopeful and sad. I sat beside him, and I replied, "I do. I also remember taking you to my fights."

He let out a dry laugh and said, "I would always worry for you. I was so scared one day someone was going to best you."

I snorted and said, "Well, no one did, and I killed them for you to prove to you how strong I was. What would you have had to lose? Why were you so scared to lose me."

He looked into my eyes and said, "If you had perished in the Pits of Kaon, I would have lost my best and only friend."

I stopped, and my spark skipped a beat. He truly cared about me so much, and I could only imagine the anxiety he would go through during my matches, hoping that I would come out alive when I fought countless battles in the Pits of Kaon. 

"And your strength always impressed me, Megatron. Even now,  your strength still amazes me."

I felt a blush creep to my face, and I turned to hide it from Optimus. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned to face Optimus. "We were certainly close, weren't we, old friend."

I chuckled dryly and shook my head. How foolish have I been? I threw away the perfect life. It was for a noble cause at the beginning of the war, but now. I hung my head and cast my eyes, thinking of how badly I messed everything up.  

"Megatron-"

Suddenly the rock overhead shifted and the cave started to fall around us, I quickly jumped on top of Optimus and positioned myself over him so that I would cover as much of him as I could. I felt the weight of the rocks pile up on my back and I growled, I will keep Optimus safe. My Optimus...My Orion.