A Challenge

Well, well, well, two updates within a week??? I love being on break lol. Also get ready, this chapter has some spice to it. I will give fair warning. This is defiantly the longest chapter I have done so far, like over 3,000 words long and dang near 4,000 but its worth it, promise. So much spice lol.

Megatron POV

After Optimus and my little escapade in the forest, I had to wait nearly a week before seeing him again. I hate to admit precisely what Prime has done to me because it is genuinely pitiful, yet I cannot stop thinking about him. Every night this past week, he has plagued my processor, keeping me awake well past my regular recharge schedule. I hope having him join me on the ship will rid me of these restless nights, as they are starting to take a toll on me. I can feel the exhaustion hang over me like a dreadful cloud, making me slow and lethargic. I despise not being at my best, an old habit from my days as a gladiator, I suppose. I remain confident that my plight will end today, for it is the day the Autobots join us on the Nemesis.

I made another announcement to my subjects, reinforcing that there is to be no fighting with the Autobots lest they end up in holding cells next to Starscream or worse. Once satisfied that none of the Decepticons would try anything, I went back to arranging where exactly the Autobots would stay. Soundwave and I decided to place them farther away from the rest of the vehicons, granted only 10 rooms or so, but still, interactions should be cut down a bit. While keeping the Autobots together for their sake, the last thing I need is one of them feeling threatened and breaking our delicate peace treaty. I don't care about their feelings, but Optimus would, so I might as well do it now before he changes it.

Primus, I despise how weak that bot has made me. But then again, I cannot seem to tear myself from him. It is almost as if he has placed a curse on me, making me uncertain in my ways.

I am jostled from my brooding by Soundwave, who reminds me that it is time to let the Autobots onto the ship. It was pretty late in the day as some of the Autobots wanted to drop their pets off one last time. I am not opposed, however, since most Decepticons are in recharge right now, and the Autobots can be escorted straight to their new berthrooms. Any further issues will have to be dealt with in the morning.

I stride over to the groundbridge with Soundwave at my side, confident that he is the only bot to trust with escorting the Autobots without letting his feelings get involved and lashing out. He activates the groundbridge, and after a few moments, Optimus is the first through the portal. Our eyes meet, and I must take a moment to keep myself from doing something foolish. His team is quick to appear; they all enter the Nemesis one by one. Only a second after they all arrive, the portal closes behind them. A tense silence falls over every bot as the reality of what is happening hits them. Some bots are more nervous than others, their optics quickly darting around the room, perhaps looking for an ambush. Others are enraged as they stare at me and Soundwave, blinking rarely, holding their solder plates high, and preparing for a fight.

Since tensions are high, I simply turn and begin walking, Soundwave right on my heels.

"While you all will have access to the many amenities this ship offers, do not forget that this is my ship, and any issues will have to go through Soundwave and me; all final decisions on the wellbeing and care of this ship will be mine," I state my voice firmly. I hear Arcee start to say something, but I cut her off.

"I will also tolerate no disrespect towards me or any of my officers on the Nemesis. The same goes for any of my officers; punishment will be swift and harsh if respect is not maintained," At this, I stop facing the Autobots and let my gaze linger a little on each of them,

"Do I make myself clear?"

"Cristal." Is the only response, harsh and quick, from Arcee.

I snap my gaze back to her, but she holds firm. Predictable, she has always been the most ruthless Autobot, and her rage rivals that of a Decepticon. Little Glitch.